Pain

Chapter Thirteen

Peter

10:48am

I walk into the park aware of what I am entering, of what I am risking, but I know I have no choice. When Igetis says something, he means it, and he will stand by his action and word until the job is finished. In this case, the message given to me has a clear aftertaste- come alone, or everyone dies.

The three of them are huddled together safely in the room, the door slightly ajar, letting their conversations out into the rest of the house. I had sneaked one last look at her from the outside, making sure I didn't disturb them, and started for the car. The note I left had a visible clue on where I would be. I know it is risky, but I penned it down just in case.

Ha. Like that would make any difference. I walk out of the house swiftly and get into my car. They still think I am sleeping safely on the coach. Safely. Funny.

Igetis had sent me the message through my dreams, probably using one of his willing slaves to do so. Therefore, safely wasn't the first thought that came to my mind when thinking about what happened.

My thoughts run back to the situation at hand. I pull over and leave the car.

Max is there, as is Richard, and some other boys I recognize from the Ceremony. My mind reader friend is present too- the one that told me about tetrakinita's. Fun. There is no time, or effort taken to talk. The Park is deserted- not a single intelligent living soul would get out on the streets in this heat unless they wanted to just about die.

I sigh and bring myself to the center of the semicircle that they have formed perfectly, and as soon as I hit my position, the fight starts. My eyes turned a ferocious shade or red, my palms, faced upwards, already emitting flames of fire, my mind starts calculating my next move at an unbelievable speed.

About fifteen minutes pass and I am doing alright: fighting with a best friend is not something either of the sides would like to follow through, so it is a safe game, with not much bloodshed, and a few snickers.

And then suddenly, my ears perk up. I strain them, forcing them to try and figure out who could possibly have walked into so ceremoniously even though I already know the answer.

He is here. And he is not alone.

I straighten up well before time and take a 180, my back now to the weak ducklings I had just overpowered. For another few moments, nothing happens. My eyes turn a dark shade of blue, hints of yellow, at who appear in front of me, the color skillfully pulling at my heart, my brain, my fingers. Igetis arrives, flaunting his black coat as always.

An army of perhaps a hundred soldiers- some even in purple To Sotos uniforms- follow him, a merciless look in their eyes. But there was more- someone else- and for the first time since gaining them, I actually properly doubted my powers- just for a moment- and then everything falls into place; they are correct, as usual. Her hair is placed effectively on top of her head, her hands at her sides, her face displaying a serene look of mischief, Countess Eliza- the leader of the To Sotos is here with Igetis.

And they walk forward together towards a sole, singular me.

I turn my head around slightly to check if any of the others behind me recognize this pact. They don't. They don't know about this. They didn't know Igetis and Countess Eliza are working together. I stop, skipping back a few seconds, trying to sketch out everything that just happened and is happening.