S I X T E E N

S I X T E E N

I watch Niall's eyes move slightly behind his closed lids and wonder what is going on in between the frontal lobes of his head. We'd partied most of the night away at one of New York City's classiest restaurants to celebrate how much stock had been sold for this quarter before returning to Niall's apartment to have sex on the bed. He'd drifted to sleep soon after, but I lay awake, my fingers playing with the Egyptian cotton sheets. 

This is the sixth consecutive night I've slept at Niall's apartment since the Met Gala. So much has changed since the night, I reflect as I stare up at his white ceiling. Niall's arm remains wrapped tightly around my waist, reminding of how comfortable we've become with each other. It no longer feels like acting, and that scares me deeply.

Niall is quite an inventive date and I never know what to expect when he comes to my office around 6, a mischievous glint in his eye. So far we've eaten sushi off the naked bodies of male and female models (his idea), seen Cirque du Soleil from front row, toured Holly Golightly's apartment from Tiffany's (that was my favorite), gotten drinks in the Trinity Place bank vault (highly unusual and spectacular), and had three romantic dates at Le Train Bleu, an incredibly upscale restaurant that looks like a mid-1940s French boxcar. On Saturday afternoon we'd humorously visited the great Museum of Sex, which had quickly prompted a "quickie" in the bathroom. Sex between the two of us happens whenever, no matter where we are. Niall is insatiable and so am I, I suppose, as I can't seem to get enough love bites on my neck. We barely left his bed on Sunday, delving into a marathon of romantic comedies and some cheap horror films that left us both laughing and then making out, which only ever leads to sex. 

He's quite simply swept me off my feet and I feel like I'm in a daze and can't keep my head on. He's a tsunami of the greatest proportions and I am a mere wave. I know this isn't going to last forever, but it feels like everything right now, and I'm not sure that I really care about the future at this moment. I'm perfectly content right now just to be completely overwhelmed by him. But that leaves me nervous, always. He completely consumes everything I am and I don't know if I'll ever get over his mere presence. 

***

"What do you think of taking a holiday this weekend?" Niall asks as Phyllis prepares our breakfasts. I notice the way her steady pancake flipping speed falters just a moment, causing me to grin a little bit. Phyllis's small, barely noticeable reactions to Niall's courting of me don't help to slow my growing feelings for him. 

"A holiday? Where?" 

"Well, it's getting colder and with all the stocks being through the roof, work is unusually easy this week. Plus, we deserve a little break, don't we?" He smiles at me from behind his white ceramic mug of coffee, causing me to beam as well. 

"Well, I'll have to check with my grouchy old boss, but I'm sure it could be arranged." I tease, brushing my shoulder against his. He chuckles under his breath, his hand floating through the air and landing on my shoulder. 

"I have somewhere special for us to go. Let's just get out of town," he urges, nuzzling my neck with his nose. 

"Oi! I won't have that in my kitchen, Niall! Eat, both of you! My God, how do you two even have energy for that at this hour?" Niall and I giggle at each other, and turn to the delicious egg and ham croissant Phyllis has prepared for us. 

After we've consumed breakfast we head for the lift. Niall follows closely behind me, his hands on my hips as we skip to the elevator, touching the whole way there. He pushes me to the back of the lift as the doors shut behind us, his lips at the base of my neck. His hand rakes my dress high up my thighs, making me laugh in his ear. "Phyllis was right?" I gasp, feigning shock. "You truly are insatiable, Mr. Horan."