𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑨 𝑹𝑰𝑫𝑬 𝑯𝑶𝑴𝑬

𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑳𝑰𝑳𝒀 𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑨 𝑴𝑨𝒀𝑩𝑨𝑵𝑲 was thirteen years old, she fell asleep outside on the ground, during a thunderstorm. You see, she was going to sleep at John B's house, The Château, but JJ and John B had forgot about it and gone surfing instead. John B's dad was at the time on the mainland, doing some ship wreck research and the house was locked. Lily sat down outside, tired after spending time with some friend. Soon the young girl had fallen asleep on the grass, with her head on her bag. She didn't wake up when the rain started pouring, not even when the thunder started. As JJ and John B got home, they instantly thought something had happened to her, and was almost about to call the ambulance, when John B realized she was breathing. The consequences of that day was constant teasing towards the younger Maybank twin.

At sixteen years old, Lily was still a heavy sleeper. She could sleep trough a storm, people screaming, literally anything. But when Luke, her biological father, came rushing into her room this morning with a vodka bottle in one hand, she woke up within milliseconds.

"Get out now. I'm having guests" He slurred. Lily shot a look at the clock on her nightstand, it was only eight in the morning.

"What?" The newly awake girl asked him clearly confused. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up in her bed. Or, you couldn't really call it bed, it was just an old mattress placed in the small room's corner. Surrounding it was empty soda-, and alcohol bottles, Lily's backpack and some food packages. Although Lily had grown up in a home like this, constantly messy, she hated it and it completely disgusted her soul.

"Are you fucking deaf or something? I'm having guests, get out of the house" The old man told Lily once again, but more annoyed this time. The smell of  alcohol and weed had now spread into Lily's room, even though she'd opened a window the day before to prevent this.

"You can't just fucking throw me out, dad? She yelled at Luke. When Lily realized what she had done, she quickly shuffled herself into the wall behind her while watching her father with fearing eyes. What Luke did next wasn't unexpected as he stepped closer and slapped her harshly over the cheek. The girl gasped and put her hand on the, now, sensitive area. She felt tears pricking her eyes, due to the intense pain, but quickly blinked them away.

"Just get out! There are people coming over and I don't want you here by then, do you understand? And where the fuck is that money you earned last week?"

"I spent those on groceries..." Lily almost whispered, looking down at her hands.

"Then you gotta work more. You're fucking worthless, Lily. You don't deserve anything!" Was the last thing her father said to her before turning around and walked out of the room. Lily wasn't a sensitive girl, not at all. Hearing her father speak to her like this from the day her mother left them made it seem normal to her. But it still hurt that her only parent disguised her. The girl looked around her room and saw the bottle of alcohol that Luke had brought into the room, laying on the floor. He must have forgotten it. Lily picked up the bottle and took a long swing while she closed her eyes. As she swallowed the strong liquid, she closed her eyes and felt her feelings wash away. The blonde enjoyed the releasing feeling for a moment before she almost started laughing due to a memory from health class where the teacher had taught them what awful effects alcohol has on the human body.

A few minutes later, Lily was closing her front door behind her. The girl was wearing a pair of denim shorts and a crop top with a bikini underneath. She'd been trough this so many times by now. Both Lily and JJ usually slept at John Bs, which JJ had done today, but Lily has craved a little alone time yesterday so she had decided crash at home. The worst thing wasn't the punches. It was that her father took all her money so she never had enough money to save for herself. The dream of one day being able to leave this life was so far away when she rarely had a dollar in her pocket. Sure she worked almost everyday at the Wreck, Kiaras parents restaurant, but she'd always have to spend her pay at food or, in worst case scenario, to one of Luke's drug dealers. You see, Luke hasn't been able to keep his job due to his drug addiction and alcoholism so both JJ and Lily had gotten their self's jobs.