𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 - 𝑨 𝑴𝑶𝑻𝑬𝑳

𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑳𝑰𝑳𝒀 𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑨 𝑴𝑨𝒀𝑩𝑨𝑵𝑲 was ten years old, she visited the towns motel for the first time. She didn't stay there, she was just playing hide and seek with her brother and John B. Lily never really liked her place, it made her feel like she was in an episode of some murder mystery-serie.
Which she was. Let's just not tell her.

Anyways, after not succeeding on trying to report the sunken boat they had just discovered, the five teens had decided to see what the key leads to. This meaning, they were going to pay a visit to the old motel. And if Lily thought it was spooky back when she was here as a kid, then it was a whole haunted house now. Broken windows, fallen trees, you name it.

"I thought The Château was bad." JJ whistled as they came nearer the dock. Lily's lips curled in a look of disgust at the appearance of the motel.

"This place is a shitshow." John B mumbled with wide eyes.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara joked, which no one else than Lily laught at.

"You'll be the judge." Pope answered in disbelief.

"Doesn't look like the type of place somebody with a Grady-White would stay." The brown haired, Rutledge boy stated.

"No, it looks like a place somebody with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope deadpanned, making Lily chuckle at his seriousness.

"Personally, I think it looks like a place where this Grady-White person would get prostituted." She spoke, earning a chuckle from Kiara.

"Alright here we go." JJ said before jumping off the boat, onto the shore "This is your captain. HMS pouge in for landing." He continued, faking a radio.

The older Maybank twin jumped in front of the boat, helping it park, attaching the rope to the ground.

"We good?" John B asked.

"Yeah, we good."

"Alright, here goes nothing." John B said as he hopped off the boat as well.

"Hey. Don't let him do anything stupid." Pope said to John B, pointing at JJ, making Lily chuckle.

"I'm not making any promises"

As Kiara said something to John B, Lily took the chance to hop off the boat, which was very difficult to do with her injury. She then stumbled after her brother, who quickly stopped her.

"Hey, go back to the boat." JJ said to his little sister, grabbing her shoulders.

"Wha-Why? Lily questioned, confused. The girl has always enjoyed a bit of adventure, and she was not happy with missing this chance.

"You think you'll be able to run from whoever's in that room with this?" He answered, pointing down on her foot. Lily knew he were right, but giving in on an argument was a big no-no for her, even though she was wrong.

"Yeah" She spoke, a weak smile on her lips as she tried to get by him but got stopped again.

"You can barely walk. Stay in the boat, Lily. I'm older so I know what's best." JJ told her sternly.

"Fucking sixteen minutes don't mean shit! and I can walk." Lily argued, trying to walk as normal as possible, but winced everytime her foot touched the ground.

"Just do as I say, Lily. We don't know what's in that room, I just want you safe." Her brother explained, clearly annoyed by his stubborn sister. "God, you're  really getting on my nerves today." He mumbled. Lily sighted and showed him her both middle fingers in the air before walking off towards the boat again. She sat down, watching the two dumbest persons she knew, walk towards the motel.