For you [A]

This gonna be angsty

Yo Yeong, a man who gave all his life to the King and to his country.
Well, the most part for the King.

The man who gave all his heart to the King.
All his childhood on training to protect his King.

He stood by the King, no emotion written on his face. Everyone saw him as cold, unapproachable, empty and emotionless.

"Yeong-ah, I'm going to be absent for a few days. Could you watch over the palace with lady Noh until I return?"

It was nothing new. The King started to disappear and reappear after a few days quite often. Yeong knew his place and what his job was, as a general. But a part of him was curious.

Where the hell does he disappear to?

"Yes, your majesty. "

The King smiled at the general, thanking him with fond eyes. Soon after, he got up and went to the stable where his horse was with Yeong following close behind.

"I'll be off now, take care Yeongie."

"But I need to escort--"

"No, stay here."

Yeong sealed his lips shut, knowing how stubborn the King was.

☆☆☆

As promised, Yeong and his group of guards were waiting for the King at the bamboo forest.

They were startled when the King appeared before them out of nowhere. What surprised them the most was the girl who rode the Kings white horse with him. She seemed startled, scared and confused.

Yeong felt his heart slightly clench. He didn't see this coming.

"Guards, take 10 steps backwards."

Instantly, the guards did as they were told. Yeong stayed in his place and looked at the Kings eyes, his sorrowful eyes going unnoticed by him.

"You too, Capitan Jo."

He looked down, swallowing his pain as he stepped 10 steps further from his King.

...my King...

Yeong knew it shouldn't be this way, he knew love wasn't about give and take. Hell, he even knew the King was looking for that girl everywhere. Even so, his heart wasn't listening. It kept beating only for the King, it kept hurting and aching for the King.

☆☆☆

He sat in his room. Towel in hand, hair still wet from the shower. He placed a hand over his chest, feeling his heartbeat. For some reason, he always hated it.

Dropping his hand, he bit his bottom lip. The numb pain that spread through his chest every night was suffocating him. The coldness never left him, the emptiness he felt kept him from peaceful sleep.

After all, I'm still just a guard

He felt something drop on the back of his hand. Looking down, he realized that he was actually crying. He chuckled bitterly,

Jo Yeong is actually crying

The emotionless, cold general is actually showing emotions.

A quiet whimper escaped his lips as the pain shot through his chest, his hand clutching his shirt as more tears escaped his eyes. He knew he had no right to wish for love. He knew the best that this was bound to happen. He knew that it was all his fault.

As it was getting harder to breathe, the general choked on his tears, gasping for air and falling onto his knees, a rather loud thumping sound heard from the fall.