Prologue

Sighing loudly I rub my temples roughly, trying to process the mass of issues that have suddenly piled up into mountains that I have to scale. 

"Beta Saiph," someone poked her grey head into my office with a small tray of what I think is a fresh cup of tea and a small plate of cookies, "why don't you take a break before you rip your hair out." 

"Thank you Joyce," I didn't smile at her, I never smile at anyone, but she seemed pleased with my response and placed the small tray onto my desk. 

"Alpha Kane and Gamma Collin has not contacted you yet?" Joyce was slowly putting the saucer and plate down on my desk, pushing my piles of paper slightly to accommodate the small dishes. 

"No," I dig up my laptop from one of the less than organized piles of papers, trying to translate one of the most ancient documents online. 

I was in the process of transferring our old pack records to a electronic file with security programmed by yours truly. So many old documents that smelled of old squid ink and some of disturbingly had a slight tinge of blood. 

"Well it's nearly sunrise so please get some rest soon," Joyce gave me a small bow, similar to how the old Alpha had the pack members bow to him. 

I nod back at her, not taking my eyes off the paper as I blindly type about a massacre that occurred a mere 200 years ago, it was written in the old language but I typed it as modern English. 

The rouges out numbered our scouts 10 to 1, and without the Beta who tagged along with the scouts this particular day, we wouldn't have eliminated as many rouges as we did that day. The rouge camp hosted a myriad of rouges of all ages, men and women alike. 

The camp was a mere acre, but the mountain they have made their home has miles of caves that hid many of the children and weapons. 

We took everything the those caves for those will benefit us in the future. 

I had to pause my vigorous typing as I felt my head tingle with the incoming transmission of a mind link from Kane. 

**Saiph, Collin and I are in the west part of the territory, by the waterfall.** 

I didn't really need more background information before I burst out of the pack house and shifted into my sleek wolf form. My healthy black coat whipping around in the wind as I flew through the dense forest to the water fall. 

**Rogues?** I questioned. 

**Rogues.** 

A/N: Hello Bear here! 

The book that really started off my whole Wattpad success is being re-written right here and now! 

When going back to my old version, I sorta - kinda - hated it. So I wanted to rewrite it to be more of my current style and to fit better with the other two books of the same universe (Shy One and Brave One).

I'm sorry if some of you liked my old version, I won't delete it but it won't be updated either. This is the one I am going to update and continue. 

I have a lot more plans for Saiph, and I changed some of the character names and relations.

All in all, I hope you like this version! 

Thank you,

Bear.

The Greatest Beta (Rewritten)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें