Chapter 2

"Beta Vera a pleasure to finally meet you," the new Alpha of Hollow Woods sat in front of me, holding out his hand for me to shake but I just stared coldly back at him. Coughing awkwardly he withdrew his hand and kept up his fake smile. 

Collin was standing behind me, I could feel how pissed he is after I explained everything to him in the car ride after a quick shower and clothes change. 

The scent of blood and death still sticking to me. 

"Have you heard of the recent attack on the First Moon Pack today?" I spoke casually, but still in my cold, monotonous tone.

He stiffened ever so slightly, but maintained his composure as he took a small sip of the coffee that was laid out on the table in front of us. The Hollow Woods Pack is one of the older packs on this side of America, but not as old as mine. 

The small living room we had been directed to had such an old wall paper that the glue was coming off at the edges, and the furniture creaked as I sat my rather light body down. The whole house had a dark-oak theme, similar to my pack, except everything was decorated in floral patterns and expensive vases with dead flowers. 

The glamour without the care. 

"It's a tragedy really," The Alpha's smell changed slightly, something Collin would not pick up over the coffee smell but I could smell it. The sour smell of fear. 

"Indeed, there were even some deserters that found there way into my territory," his attention was definitely peaked, "but do not worry I dealt with those rogues myself." 

He chuckled nervously despite himself, "That's wonderful, you know Beta Vera, you have quite a reputation for such a young age." 

He's changing the subject. 

** Can we just kill him now?** Collin's voice echoed in my head but I just ignored him. 

"I interrogated one of the wolves myself too," he stiffened, his eyes briefly looking at Collin like he was trying to analyze the grave he just dug himself, "A white wolf too, who told me very interesting things." 

"I-is that so," he cleared his throat again, "Well what inf-" 

Before he could finish I was already standing above him, the sheer force of my tackle knocking the sofa he sat on back, so that he was on his back with his eyes staring back at me with a mixture of surprise and anger. 

The warriors standing at the perimeter of the room tried to spring into action but the sudden drop in temperature had them frozen as I spoke. 

"No one move." 

Getting off the Alpha he laid frozen in place, his legs still at a 90 degree angle and pressed against the overturned sofa like he was still sitting normally. 

"Now instead of playing dumb I want to know your true motives," I look at Collin who was also stiff from my command but when we made eye contact he suddenly leaned over the chair and started panting. 

"Warn me next time you do this," he gasped out dropping his head between his arms as he just leaned over the couch like he's about to puke. 

"So why attack the First Moon Pack?" I sat down on the edge of the couch, my feet on the cushioned back beside the Alpha whose eyes shook as he tried to focus on me. 

"W-we want to weaken your pack," his stutter caused by his attempt to rebel against my power. 

But no one can refuse me. 

"Why?" I suspect he was annoyed at the size and power of the Evergreen pack so my questions were purely for show. 

"Because we were ordered to." His eyes darted between me and the direction of the exit. 

But his response was unexpected, "by whom?" 

"B-" He started but all of the sudden his eyes rolled into his head and his mouth started foam with what I think was blood a saliva. 

"What the hell?!" Colin rushed to my side but as soon as I saw a slight bulge in the alpha's face I shot up and tackled Colin to the ground just as a squelchy explosion happened behind me. "D-did he just combust?"

"Yes, I believe he did." As I rose I saw the Hollow Woods warriors tremble as they saw what remained of their alpha. "You there." I looked at the warrior who trembled the least, "Who has your alpha been in contact with?"

His mouth flopped open but no sounds came out, his eyes watered slightly as well as a dark stain formed on his crotch. 

"Useless," I grumbled under my breath. Ignoring the fact that I am absolutely drenched in the blood and guts, I casually walked out of the office. 

There were a few pack members of Hollow Woods who paused and watched me pass with horror in their eyes. 

"Gather your pack," I spoke to the general audience as I walked outside and stood on the porch, "I have an announcement to make." 

Colin had finally returned to my side, his nose scrunching slightly as he took in my appearance in full. "I think you need another shower." 

I scoffed slightly, "I thought you were going to question why the alpha sudden exploded." 

The amusement in his eyes faded slightly and he pursed his lips slightly, **That wasn't caused by you, right?**

I shook my head, **I suspect he has been cursed.**

Nodding grimly to himself he looked out to the crowd that has formed, **What are you going to tell them?**

Just smirking slightly - only enough for Colin to see - I scanned the crowd, seeing the horrified looks and some filled with fear and hatred. 

"Greetings Hollow Woods, I am Beta Saiph Vera of the Evergreen Pack and it is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that your alpha is no longer fit to lead this pack." 

I heard the slightest scoff from Colin where he quickly covered it up with clearing his throat. 

"So I now welcome each of you to join my pack before the council takes over your territory." I'm sure the smell of their ex-alpha's blood that was on me was not helping to convince them but some seem to nervously agree to leave with me. "I will give you until the end of the day and I will return with escorts for those who wish to move." 

I didn't bother to stick around before I shifted and started running home. I would've gotten in the car with Colin, but I don't think he'd appreciate blood-stained seats.