Chapter 7

"Where is Kane and Colin?" I kicked my feet innocently as I sat on the tall stool. Munching on a small cookie as the Alpha poured me a generous glass of milk. 

I wanted to share my sweets with the two brothers. 

"They are busy," the Alpha was too vague that it should've set off some red flags but I didn't pick it up. Naïve brat I was.

Feeling a little guilty that I was enjoying these freshly baked cookies without them I took a napkin and started piling a few on it. 

"What are you doing little star?" The Alpha watched me with a tender gaze, but I know now the malicious plans he had for me. 

"I want to save some for them," I wrapped the napkin carefully, surprised by the Alpha suddenly grabbing the mass and putting them in a Tupperware. "Oh, thank you." I didn't smile at him, but he seemed pleased by my attitude. 

"Now little star, lets go on a walk and warm up before we start practicing." Grabbing my sides gently he lifted me up and placed me on the kitchen tile. Grabbing my small hand he lead me outside, the sun causing his white hair to nearly glow. 

"How long will practice take today?" I stared down at my feet, my black sneakers sparkled with the excessive amount of glitter that was plastered all over it. 

"Just until dinner time," he took small steps to accommodate my small legs, but when he wasn't doting on me his steps were stronger. Every single move he made was full of authority and screamed dominance. Many pack members obeyed out of pure fear rather than the respect that I saw in other packs. 

The Alpha was honestly my role model when I was a child. 

And since I didn't really know my birth parents, he was the only guardian I knew. 

Rubbing my eyes sorely I stared up at the painted ceiling, some scenery of cupids sleeping on clouds. My head felt like it was going to burst from the dream of my past.

I've made my body so tolerant to any feelings for so long I almost forgot what pain felt like. It's been a while since mornings have affected me like this. When I was younger I hated waking up in the mornings. 

My body had always felt like a thousand pounds, refusing to move until I commanded it to. Of course before I discovered my abilities I couldn't even eat by myself. 

All because of my birth parents. 

Knocking at my door finally made me force myself to sit up, my headache quickly fading away. 

"Beta Vera, are you awake? I had some maids leave you a change of clothes in the bathroom," Clyde's voice was quiet and slightly muffled, but I could still heard him clearly, "I shall lead you to breakfast when you are ready." 

"Thank you." My voice was clear despite the fact I just woke up, "I shall be out shortly." 

The room I was given had a luxurious bathroom attached to it. Full marble flooring and even the counters with a flawless porcelain tub and shower that was basically the size of my office back at home. 

Splashing water on my face my eyes felt just slightly lighter as I stared into my reflection. 

I look the same as ever. 

Concerningly pale face. 

Pale blue eyes that nearly blend into my white sclera's. 

Even my lips were a pale pink - when they are not stained with blood.

The only contrast to my near snow white features was my deep dark lashes and brows that barely defined the little expressions I make.  

My black hair stuck to my face almost as a reminder of  what I am. 

I've tried cutting it short, like when I was younger and had a bob, but my short hair paired with my height made me look like a 10 year old child. Not that having my hair long made me look any older.

At the ripe old age of 16 I still look like I haven't even hit puberty. 

Of course that is exaggerated but there is something that sparks insecurities. 

I think.

The clothes Clyde had picked out for me seemed to be another large dark red sweater and leggings with a sports bra and socks. There were sneakers sitting on the ground. Deep black sneakers with a silvery stripe on the side. It almost reminds me of those godforsaken glittery mess of sneakers I used to wear as I kid. 

There was also underwear, concerningly perfectly my size but I didn't want to think too much about it. 

Pulling my hair onto mid-ponytail I felt it brush against my back as I quickly brushed my teeth and left, seeing Clyde standing beside the door, staring across the hall blankly until I appeared beside him. 

"Good morning Beta Vera," Clyde bowed slightly, gesturing towards down the hall, "this way to the dinning hall for breakfast, you are not allergic to anything right?" 

"No," I walked ahead of Clyde where he followed closely while checking his pocket watch, "Am I late?" 

"Oh! No, not at all," he smiled, though it did not quite reach his eyes, "I'm a bit worried that the rest of the pack will not be punctual enough despite having a guest as important as you." 

I hummed lightly in response, coming to two grand doors guarded by two wolves both dressed in suits. Although not matching, they seemed extremely put together and in sync they opened the doors, both not making eye contact with me. 

"Good morning Beta Vera," Alpha Dynes was also dressed casually. A simple baby yellow sweater that looked really strange with his dark hair and overall dark aura of authority he gave off. He was strangely wearing dress pants and dress shoes, and his hair was sticking up slightly on one side like he just woke up. His eyes though were wide and watching me carefully.

"Good morning Alpha Dynes," I shifted awkwardly on my feet. A strange feeling started bubbling in my stomach and chest as I stared back at Alpha Dynes. 

Is it hunger? 

I haven't felt hungry since I was 5. 

Maybe I'm slipping. 

I should practice again soon.