|t w o|

ON THE WAY TO MEET THE BRADY BUNCH

DIEGO

SO THERE Cassiopeia was, sitting in Diego's car, tattered yellow converse propped up on the dash, earbuds in her ears, and on her way to Hell.

Diego glanced at Cass and then at the road again. He didn't bother saying anything about her feet on his windshield, this was his Cassie. As much as he hated to admit it, he had a ridiculous soft spot for her.

"CAUSE I'M A SCRAWNY MOTHERFUCKER WITH A COOL HAIRSTYLE, YEAH I'M A SCRAWNY MOTHERFUCKER WITH A COOL HAIRSTYLE!"

"Jesus Christ!" Diego said, straightening the car back out from where it had swerved. He looked at Cass but she paid him no mind, as she was having an epic air guitar solo.

If it was anyone else, he would've snapped at them, but since it was Cassie, all he did was throw his head back in laughter at her facial expression.

"Hey!" Cass noticed Diego shaking with laughter. "Don't laugh at me, this is a bop!" The man only chuckled his companion. "Are you sure you're not actually 15?" Cass mumbled something underneath her breath that he figured was not complimentary to himself. Then she turned to the backseat. "Can you believe this spandex-wearing clown, Jet?"

Diego could only guess that he had replied because Cass giggled boisterously.

"Be nice, he has daddy issues."

Diego rolled his eyes playfully at Cass's antics.

As Diego pulled up to the street in front of the academy, a heavy blanket of unease filled the car. Cass put her hand on Diego forearm and gave him a look stronger than words. You've got this.

He smiled at her weakly, and she gave a bright one back.

"I'm ready to meet the Brady Bunch!" She said over-enthusiastically as the pair, along with Jet, who only one could see, walked to the door. "Ooh and I can't wait to see Klaus again! I love him so much, he even said he would plait my hair next time we saw eachother."

"We were bailing him out of jail, which was your idea by the way." He deadpanned. "All he did was go back 2 months later." Cass shrugged. "He was fun, and he loved Jet, so that's a plus."

Diego shook his head with a smile, and pushed open the doors to his childhood prison.