.....................

October 11, 2009, 8:06pm

Cass was walking down the street, looking for a place to lay her head, when she heard faint yelling. Usually she wouldn't pay any mind but as she listened she heard a crash and the sound of glass shattering. "So much for a quiet night." The girl murmured under her breath.

She ran to the source of the noise, which happened to be a small 7-11, and found quite the scene. It looked to be a robbery, but it wasn't going too well for the criminals. There was a man in all black with a mask on his face beating the robbers with his fists and throwing knives at them. Her dusty yellow converse carried her towards the boy paralyzed by fear behind the counter and helped him to the door. "Call the police." She advised, before sending him on his way.

The girl turned back to the store, and was surprised when a man in a ski mask lunged at her. She merely looked at him and he was blasted backwards by a burst of energy. Cass then remembered the man with the knives. She looked around for him quickly, in case he saw her use her ability, and a knife was held against her throat from behind. "There you are." She said, and grabbed the knife, before twisting around and kicking the man in the chest. She stumbled back and drew another knife from his suit. "What are you, the getaway driver?" He asked.

"What are you? Low budget Batman?"