|s e v e n|

HEARTFELT MOMENTS AND ODD GHOSTS

FIVE

RIGHT AS the pair arrived at the Umbrella Academy, Diego was rushing out of it's uncannily large oak doors.

He heard a quiet cough and looked up from his phone only to be met with the guilty faces of Cass and Five. "Jesus!" He yelled, rushing towards the girl and gripping her into a tight hug. After a few moments, he pulled away, but still held her by her small shoulders.

"Why didn't you tell me you left? And why were you parading around with this little psycho?" He asked incredulously, glaring at Five.

The boy in question growled lowly, but didn't act on his frustrations. Without giving Cass a chance to answer, he pulled her away, towards the doors of the academy.

However, much to Five's chagrin, Diego followed close behind. "Since when were you two all buddy-buddy?" He asked angrily. At this Five halted and turned around abruptly, still grasping Cass's hand.

"We've been all 'buddy-buddy'," He started, putting air quotations around Diego's earlier phrase. "Since she and I were stuck in the apocalypse."

Five was satisfied to see his brother so taken aback.

"So we'll be going now." He said, and teleported himself and Cassiopeia to his old room.

The girl stumbled, not used to Five's abilities, but he wrapped his arm around her waist to steady her.

Noticing how close they were, she decided to try and ease the tension. " So Five, huh? No real name?" She asked, gently prying the boy's arm off of her.

He shuffled his feet and looked down. "I don't remember it." He said sadly, then snapped out of it. He looked up, no longer soft.

"Enough of 20 questions, we need to get down to business." He said curtly, and turned away to go and look out the window. "We have a holder of an eye to find." He turned to Cass. "But first-" "Why do you keep doing that?" The brunette interrupted.

Five faltered.

"Why do I keep doing what?"

"Why do you keep getting upset, then pushing it down? It's okay to feel things." She said earnestly. "You just got back from hell, you can be a little angry."

Five looked at the girl fondly, and strode across the room to her until they were inches away from each other. "You're exactly how I remember, with your optimism." He whispered, and stroked her cheek with his thumb. Without realizing it, she leaned into his touch.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Five clenched his jaw in anger and was about to reply with a heated Get out when his Cassie brightened. "Klaus!" She said, and turned away from Five, who was slightly shaking in anger. I don't have time for this shit. He took one last glance at Cass, and disappeared.

CASS

After greeting Klaus (and of course complimenting his awesome skirt) Cass turned back to Five. "Hey Fi-" She stopped when she realized he was no longer there.

"Where'd he run off too? Oh hey Klaus." Jet said, having just reappeared. Klaus waved. The blonde ghost looked him up and down.

"I mean I'm into chicks but God damn! Klaus you are rocking that skirt." Klaus grinned and lopsidedly bowed. "I do try."

Suddenly, Cassiopeia felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.
"Klaus, why are you like this?" Cass watched as a guy in a black hoodie and leather jacket walked up to the green-eyed man.

"Who is this, Klaus?"

The man turned to her and looked at her curiously. "Who is who?"

Cass laughed. "Who is he silly?" She said, and pointed to the man. Klaus's eyes widened.

"You can see him?!"

"You can see me?!"