Chapter Thirteen

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to ProjectEverest64
She was going to leave Wattpad from an event that had happened, but realized she wanted to be her own hero and chase bad guys away.
Stay strong everyone and be your our hero, just like ProjectEverest64!
Love you my friend, especially for your strength. <3
~~~~~~

We sat at the table for probably around an hour mapping out the best root to Ohio. I did very little expect point out the little roads my dad- I love having someone to call dad again- missed.

"Do you know where in Ohio Oasis is?" My dad asked.

"For all I know it could be all of Ohio or just a small part of it." I shrugged.

"So we should just aim for the border then." My mom said.

I love being able to call someone mom or dad again. I realized.

"Should we start packing then?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's probably only around 8 or 9 so we still have the whole day." My dad said.

"How long is the trip?" I questioned.

"At most I think it could take a week to a week and a half."

"So let's get packing!" My mom said.

With that the three of us headed downstairs, leaving Bella to play with Honey. I had it easy when it came to packing. Pretty much all I had to do was repack a blanket. With my help, we were done repacking in, at least, 15-20 minutes. The whole time Bella never came downstairs.

"Bella, we're leaving now!" I called up.

No response.

"Bella?" Our mom tried.

Still silence.

"Are you okay up there?" Our dad asked.

Eerie silence followed like every other time.

My dad led the way upstairs. Every step we climbed, another wave of anxiety came crashing over us as the air grew tense. By the time we made it upstairs my legs were shaking, my heart was practically braking my rib cage, and my stomach was in tight knots. I kept my eyes close as we turned towards the cafe tables.

Then I heard chuckling.

Confused I peeked open my eyes and saw Bella and Honey curled up together, fast asleep. Smiling with relief I headed back downstairs to grab our backpacks.

It was hard comfortably wearing two but I made it work. When I finally had everything ready to go, my mom and dad came down with Honey in a pet crate in our mom's hands and Bella in our dad's arms.

"Ready to go?" Mom asked.

"Yep."

"Alrighty then." She grabbed the suitcase with her free hand, and took a last look at the library.

As my dad grabbed the blanket from one of my backpacks to fold Bella into, I saw a tear slide down my mom's cheek.

"I'm really gonna miss this place." She whispered.

I knew that if she could she would pick up this whole library and stuff it into her suitcase, taking her memories and book with her. With how much stuff we had and how much room each bag had, she could only take twenty out of the thousands of books she had here.

Walking over I hugged her. I had an understanding of how she felt. She wasn't able to hug me back but I felt her try. Once I backed away I wiped a tear off her face.

She looked down at me with a sad smile.

"Ready to go mom?" I asked, knowing she'd want to jump with joy after being called 'mom'.

Her face became plastered with euphoria at being called mom.

Once she collected herself she said, "Lead the way Scott."

Walking ahead of us, he opened the door, keeping it open for all of us. Our mom didn't turn around to get one last look at her favorite place, probably because it would make her cry. Together we walked back onto the original path Bella and I were taking days before.

And like that, we were off, once more, to Ohio.

~Thanks for reading!
Sorry that this is a shorter chapter this time. My regular 1,000 word chapters will start again tomorrow.
Enjoy the story :)~