Find

4:45 AM

The rose squads led by Sian slept in the enemy's base. Others are sleeping in the first floor while some were alongside their commander in the 2nd floor of the mansion. Sian finds himself uncomfortable of the ceiling he's resting, unfamiliarity. He woke up first from everybody else in the room. Beginning to stretch every part of his body to fully awake. 

Slowly he opened the glass doors to enter the balcony, only to be greeted with a knife on his neck. 

"It's me"

(!) The soldier guarding the balcony recognized the voice from the dark. He guards in the dark, strikes in the dark, and moves in the dark, one of the Rose Military Academy's teachings. The soldier guarding the balcony immediately hid his knife and apologized sincerely and quietly. 

"I understand it was just a misunderstanding but I need a proper explanation"

"Why can't you distinguish the ally or the enemy?"

.   .    .    .     .     .  .    .     .    .    .    .     .   

The soldier went silence. He couldn't tell him that he isn't good at wearing the night vision goggles. He prefer his eyes to get used to the dark and slowly adapt to the surroundings.

"If you can't tell me, that gives me a reason to take you out for pretending to be a soldier from the squad"

If a soldier does not know the basic skills, he is not a soldier from the Rose Army. Anyone would consider him/her an impostor and capture anyone for interrogation. For the founder of the Army, he has the power to kill a pretender without anyone's notice. 

The guarding soldier felt the pressure from his words and told him the truth. He told him everything. He rather uses his night vision goggles for a wide area in the dark, using it in a inside the mansion's premises hinders his expertise of hiding in the dark. Sian approved his excuse and apologized.

"Sorry"

"Maybe I'm just in a bad move since what happened last night that cause of my men's injuries"

(Don't be)

(I would do the same if someone suspicious were to show up out of nowhere holding his knife on my neck) The soldier replied back.

(sfx: Clack)

The two hears noises of kitchen utensils from the first floor. 

("The cooks for breakfast are preparing our meal")

("General, you should have your breakfast first since the other are still asleep") SMI~LE

Sian asked..

"What about you?"

"Since you were guarding the balcony for hours, you must be hungry"

Hmph (Smelling) Hmph. Sian sees a cup of hot coffee and 3 slices of bread in a table of the balcony. (Aha!) He understands now, he probably shook the soldier from his meal that he pulled out knife against Sian. The soldier sweats a lot even in the cold morning knowing he got busted on duty. 

"I'll let this one slide, I'll take my breakfast from the kitchen"

"Drink your coffee before it get's cold"

(thank you for your understanding) 

Still dark, Sian slowly walk down from the stairs to the first floor. He sees the greenish stone still emitting light but a little weak from the way it was last night. The light posts that were generated by magic stones ran out of energy, so the town is really dark until the sun rises. He asks a soldier covering himself with a blanket from the cold. The soldier was so mesmerized by the green stone that he didn't notice Sian's presence.