Rose

{Winter} 50 years later

Cold Season for the people in the land. In a middle of a forest, a hut made of woods from the forest. The gives of a warm feeling of home. The fire light emitting gives off a warm sensation of protection from the cold season. In the hut, an old father, a mother, and two young daughters resides. They have enough food, water, and supplies to last the cold. So they are worry free from their problems.

Daughter_"Father let us hear  a good story!" The daughter sat down his father's bed. Same goes for the other one. The two of them want to hear a good story. The father agrees to tell a story, smiling, he proceeds from the start.

"Decades ago, a prophecy spreads around the land from the gods"

"It says that if they don't make take care of the Rose army, the rose army will take care of them"

"Some powerful figures didn't take the prophecy to heart since there was an existing enemy before them"

"The demons"

Daughter_"Father what are demons?" she asks, unknowingly.

"Demons are living beings that has the same wisdom as us humans"

"They have killed millions of humans during their expansions"

"They're so strong that they could take half of the world for themselves"

(Ohhh Sooo strong) daughter's scared in awe.

"Races such as beast kin, elves, dragoon, etc. couldn't take back the land they were robbed from the demons"

"Including us humans, we were not as strong as before"

"With only a month passed since the prophecy was give"

"The great calamity from the prophecy made their move"

"They covered the sky in black"

"When they move, the land would crumble"

"And every living that they have stepped on dies after"

Daughter_"What are they father?"
                _"Are they elves? (No) Dwarfs right? (No)
_"Then they were the infamous dragoon from the previous stories?"

"No" The father replied.

Daughter_"What race could cover the sky in black?"
_"Crumbles the land, and force the living to die after they have stepped on it?"

"They were the Rose army, race: Humans"

"Just hearing their name could make a kingdom's general cower"

"A squad with only a dozens of soldiers could capture the king and take over the kingdom"

"They were monsters"

"heheheh, cough-cough" 

Daughter_"Slow down father, take ~it ~easy" smiles.

The other daughter went out to bring warm water. The floor is so cold that she jumps all the way to the kitchen from the bedroom. Because it's too cold, the father asks his other daughter to fetch his thick jacket and pants for the daughters to use.

Daughter_"Father, it says R.E.C."Rose Elite Combatant"
_"What does it mean?"

The jacket is a winter uniform from the Rose Army. The other daughter arrived with the warm water, she joined in and shared the jacket with her sister including the pants. 

"That was the uniform I wore when I was young"

"Spilled some hundreds of people blood, still looks clean and neat'