Chapter 1 - Assumptions and Reality

Hatorama Senju - that's what my new name is. As far as names went it was one of the most unimaginative names to give to a boy. Seriously, they had taken "Ha" from Hashirama and "To" from Tobirama and had bundled the common "Rama" to make it into a name.

I rolled it around my mind with both trepidation and a strange sense of ecstasy. I looked up with my baby eyes at my cousin who was gently cooing at me after informing me of my name. While my eyes hadn't developed yet - all I could see was a hazy image of a person above me - I could vaguely guess the identity of my cousin.

I am sure most of you would have at least guessed what had happened to me. I was dead and now I was reincarnated in the Narutoverse. I won't bore you with the details about how I died and got reincarnated, because, that's not important. What's important was that I was reincarnated as a goddamn Senju.

While most of you would complain that it is a great thing to happen, I, for one, don't think so. Yes, I agree that I get to play with chakra, which I would have given my left arm to happen in my earlier life. But, I would have preferred to be born in some obscure clan or even to a civilian. Being a Senju, I tell you from the experiences of someone who had already experienced it before me, is not an easy task.

There are so much expectations and even worse a ton more of responsibilities. My cousin had been dutifully filling in me, or more like ranting to me for the past two hours, about what she underwent as a Senju. While I couldn't understand most of the things she said, I could at least guess at the gist of the things. From what I gathered from her, I don't see it as a good thing. It was no wonder my cousin, Tsunade, left the village after her heart was broken.

Bloody responsibilities and expectations!

Now, don't get me wrong, my cousin was not all sunshine and roses. Nah! Nah! Tsunade was a petty little witch. The reason she was telling me about what she had gone through before growing up was to take sick pleasure in telling me what she would make me go through. Apparently, I am the last descendant of Tobirama and the slug princess was going to take her revenge on Tobirama through me.

But, I digress. I don't know what was running through her mind to rant at a baby like this. I think Tobirama must have given her a hell of a time. It was so bad that she had taken to vent her frustrations about him to a baby. The situation was so hilarious that if I had developed my vocal chords I would have at least let out a chortle to it. Too bad, all I could do was smile at the direction of my cousin.

"Don't smile at me Hatorama Senju! I am serious. I am going to make you go through all those horrible lessons your grandfather made me go through!" Tsunade exclaimed in irritation.

"Hime, you realize that he is not going to understand any of what you are saying right?" a slithery voice sounded from the opposite direction giving me goosebumps.

Yeah right! The snake bastard was also in the room. Being so close to someone who conducted experiments on children was not a comfortable feeling. Furthermore, I am a Senju. If what I know about this world is right, I am going to be one of the last living members of a famous clan with a Kekkei Genkai. I fervently hoped that I didn't inherit Hashirama's bloodline limit. If I did, I wouldn't be safe from the snake bastard.

I didn't know at what point in the timeline I was in. I could only vaguely guess at it. Tsunade hasn't left the village yet. So, the Second Shinobi War must not have happened yet. If the bubbly tone of her was any indication, the events that led to her heartbreak had not happened yet either. But, other than that, I was drawing a blank.

Whatever, I was feeling sleepy again. While I wasn't ready to go to sleep when the snake bastard was in the room, my body wasn't cooperating with me. It demanded that I sleep and I reluctantly embraced the one thing I was good at this point in time – sleeping.