Chapter 7 - Entering the Academy

I recently turned six and as it is proper, at least for a Senju, I will be attending the academy. There were no questions asked regarding whether I wanted to attend the academy or not. Decisions had been made for me without even my consultation. Not that I would have been against it if the choice was presented. It was just the principle of the matter. I was a little miffed about that. But, I wasn't blaming Hiruzen or Biwako. After all, I had been instructed in fuinjutsu and taijutsu, however limited it may be.

As for me being a sensor, I hadn't divulged that information to anyone else. It was my little secret weapon. I had no intentions to lose that edge. As for my stalker(s?), over the course of the year, they had become less prevalent. It didn't stop altogether, but nowadays the appearances were random. I didn't complain as it provided me ample opportunity to hone my sensing skills.

My fuinjutsu and taijutsu lessons came to a standstill after I turned five. For the past year, I have only been assigned reading materials on fuinjutsu to keep that from becoming rusty. My taijutsu, on the other hand, was good enough to easily breeze through the academy without any competition. I could easily defeat Asuma when it came to taijutsu even with my weights.

I wouldn't call that an accomplishment either, because Asuma has been recently so distracted with his crush over Kurenai. When I first came to know about it, it took me by surprise. While I knew they both were an item in the series, I had thought that they fell for each other once both had become Jounin or something like that. But, from the looks of it, Asuma always had the hots for her.

Let's keep those muddling thoughts of mine aside for now. Because I will be starting the academy today and I was itching to go there. I had always had a keen interest or a partial favor for the academy in my mind. It was where it all began in my mind. So, attending the same school where the story began was giving me a head rush.

Early in the morning I woke up and did my routine training regimen before rushing back inside to prepare for my first day. By now, my training routine has become somewhat familiar to me and it felt like I was missing out on something if I didn't perform it even for a single day. While my routine remained the same, I had increased the difficulty of my training regimen to harsh standards. With my knowledge of seals, it was easy to increase the weight of my chakra weights and keep challenging me on a daily basis.

Biwako offered to take me and Asuma to the academy on my first day. Strangely enough, Asuma refused to accept that offer and headed out of the home early. It was disappointing to me to see Asuma acting like that. I had thought we could hang out together during breaks in the academy. But from the looks of it, it was clear to me that Asuma didn't want to associate himself with me. While I could understand that he was distancing himself from the younger kid – hey, no one wanted to stick with their younger sibling when their friends were around, especially if girls were involved – it didn't mean I liked it.

My disappointment must have shown on my face because Biwako gave me a tight hug. I returned the hug gladly and we both stepped out of the house to go to the academy.

On our way to the academy, Biwako was greeted by several villagers. She returned their greetings with warm smiles and genial words. Soon, we reached the entrance of the academy and a lot of parents were milling around the gate waiting to see their kids off. There was a chunnin waiting for the new joinees at the gate and Biwako handed me over to him with a warm smile.

I could see the chunnin struggling to maintain the nervousness he felt in front of Hokage's wife and I inwardly smiled at this. But, what I didn't like though was the way he treated me after that. I think, the Hokage's wife dropping me off at school must have made me an important person in his eyes and he was beginning to be overly polite to me. I just hoped that none of the teachers acted like him. If the jealous looks I was getting from my fellow students were any indication that was not going to go well.