Chapter 8 - The start of a rivalry

I am immensely proud to say that my new project of irritating the teachers was a grand success. My homeroom sensei Ayako Moguma was pulling his hairs out trying to deal with me. Within the next few months, I have established myself as a bundle of trouble and my popularity in my class was diminishing day by day.

But, there were a few hitches though. After two weeks of my continuous late arrival, Hiruzen questioned Biwako why I was always late to school. Biwako was justifiably bewildered by the news and when she asked me whether any issues were there, I replied to her by saying that I was having the greatest time of my life.

Like the dutiful housewife, she recited my answer to Hiruzen who looked shocked to hear it. He looked confused for a few moments before stating that as long as my grades didn't drop he didn't have time to worry about it.

Apart from Hiruzen, there was someone else surprised by the number of complaints on me - Danzo. A week after Hiruzen's interrogation, my stalker - who was absent after my enrollment into the academy, returned to his duty.

I was gazing at the village from my favorite spot just before going to the academy when I felt the telltale prickle of someone watching me from distance. But he didn't catch me off-guard because I was expecting something like this to happen.

Honestly, I was surprised it took him this long to send someone to stalk me. But, I didn't deviate from my routine though. I stayed true to my routine and I could feel someone watching me until I took my seat after delivering one of Kakashi-esque excuse. The feeling persisted for a week before it stopped altogether.

As even the complaints to my guardian failed to make me come to the academy on time, Ayako sensei began to get frustrated with me. While he didn't punish me outright, he made his displeasure known by snubbing me on more than one occasion in class. Like the ducklings they are, the kids followed Ayako sensei's example and began to think of me as an inept individual. Pretty soon, I became the disgrace of the renowned Senju clan.

While the events were progressing as I had anticipated, I forgot to take another major factor into account. The Naras. The three Naras in my classroom were absolutely pissed with me.

Initially, they thought that I would drop the charade after a few weeks. But, when I continued to keep up with the charade even after accomplishing what I wanted, they became absolutely livid. Let me tell you, an angry Nara is a nightmare to deal with – and I had three angry Naras vying for me.

Seriously, what else could I expect? I was encroaching on their territory now. Hoodwinking the teachers is a time-honored tradition of Naras. And not only was I encroaching on their territory, I was one-upping them on their own game.

Justifiably, the Naras were pissed off with me. They were so pissed off with me that the trio even troubled themselves to come up and confront me.

"Oi Senju baka, you are making us look bad," Harami Nara yelled at me during lunch one day.

I looked up from my lunch box after finishing the last bite of the lunch Biwako had made for me. The spot I was occupying was a little away from all the kids as I preferred solitude to mingling with a bunch of rowdy kids.

Neuki and Soyoto stood beside her in their customary slouch eyeing me lazily.

"Aw! Harami-chan, I don't know what you are talking about," I lied through my teeth with a fake smile plastered on my face.

I saw her eye twitch in annoyance.

"Troublesome," Soyoto muttered stifling a yawn, "He is doing it purposefully. I am gonna take a nap. You coming," he asked Neuki.

"Ya, he is too troublesome," Neuki replied as they both slouched off with their Nara gait towards their preferred shade for an afternoon nap.

"Baka, stop coming late!" Harami wasn't ready to drop the matter though.