1.

It's hot today.

He said he was on his way, that was three hours ago.

He doesn't live that far but even if he did, couldn't he just text to say he's running late? Or that something came up and he can't make it anymore. Anything would've been better than silence.

It takes me a while but I finally decide not to wait anymore and then get ready to meet the girls like I'd originally planned, before he made me cancel. There's a party tonight that I honestly would've much rather missed. But now that he stood me up, I don't want to spend the rest of my evening overthinking about it. That's certainly happened before.

I know he's not going to be happy but I'm also not happy that once again, he failed to show up for me.

I shuffle through my closet for a short tight dress that's also not too revealing but I end up settling for a pair of high-waisted bum shorts with a tight blacktop.

I fix my bra so my cleavage is not showing too much and I throw on a pair of black Yeezy's to complete my simple look.

He doesn't like it when I stand out because he hates it when other guys look at me as he's not able to do anything about it. This is of course because of the fear of exposing our relationship. So I always make it a point to dress down as much as possible so I don't have to suffer through his complaints that I was 'practically naked'. That's probably his favorite sentence to use on me.

I text Liz to tell her I'm ready and I know she's going to be in my driveway in no time so I make my way downstairs to wait for her to come to pick me up. Dad's working late tonight so I don't have to worry about curfew.

This is another reason why today would've been perfect for him to come, we would've had the house all to ourselves without dad's constant distractions. Dad is his biggest fan so whenever he's around he constantly disturbs our bonding time with football questions. I know Ezra doesn't mind, but I do.

I'm now too in a good mood to be stressed about this so I decide to just let it linger in the back of my mind, I'll have a long talk with him tomorrow.

Soon I hear a car hoot and I waste no time getting out of the house, Lizzy hates waiting. We embrace each other in a hug and I compliment her on her outfit. She looks incredible, as always.

We're soon on our way to pick up Emily and Ashley then head to our destination for the night where we'll be meeting the rest of the girls.

Loud music, sweaty bodies, and red cups are three of the most noticeable features as we drive past the main house of the house party venue looking for parking. It's so incredibly full that there are cars parked in the middle of the road, that's hardly a surprise. I look at Liz with an 'I told you so' face but she just shrugs it away.

One would be crazy to drive to one of Bruno Steiner's parties and expect to find parking. I told Liz we should Uber there but my dear friend is beyond stubborn. What makes me even madder is that this is not the first time this has happened. I know she prefers the comfort of her own car but that's not always ideal. Evidently.

We end up parking about two miles away from the party and walk all the way there, to our utter dismay. I feel thankful I didn't wear heels but I can't say the same for my dear friend Liz. It serves her well though.

It takes us a while but we get there eventually . And then,

"Yo Liz, what's up girl?"

"Hey, Lizzy."

"Liz Liz!!"

Did I mention my friend is very popular?

She gets on my nerves a lot of the time but she's a genuine soul that everyone can't help but gravitate towards, myself included. She's incredible to be around and I still can't believe that she's my best friend.