12.

"What happened to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You just disappeared off the face of the earth. You've been doing that a lot lately."

Olivia asks making me internally roll my eyes. Not at the question but at the fact that she kissed my man. Although I guess in her defense, she doesn't know. But that still doesn't stop me from being petty with her so,

"Can't I just take some time off for myself without you assuming something drastic happened?" I ignore the look Liz gives me after saying that. Olivia keeps quiet after my comment and that honestly makes me feel more bad than good.

I'm not a malicious person, at all. But all this compartmentalizing is getting the best of me. I know I'm becoming a different person, I can see it in the way Liz looks at me. It's like she's given up asking me questions now. I used to wish for that to happen but now I can't help but think she's given up on me altogether. I certainly didn't want that.

I suppose it was inevitable though, sometimes you're given no choice but to stop asking.

"What about you missy?"

I hear one of the other girls ask looking at Olivia,

"We haven't seen you around lately too, does that have something to do with a certain MVP?" Summer asks making Olivia blush and I almost spit out my milkshake.

"Really? You and Ezra?" Liz now asks in shock and she nods her head. I hope my face is not red right now from all the many emotions I'm keeping in.

I mean I know they shared the little kiss at Bruno's party but they've never hung out beyond that have they? That's not possible. He doesn't even find her attractive, right? At least that's what he'd told me.

"Is that where you were yesterday?" She nods and that confirms to me she's lying. Ezra was with me yesterday. Unless,

"He wanted to go say sorry to Bruno at the hospital and asked me to tag along."
I feel my heart beating really fast. No it can't be, I refuse to believe it.

"Do you like him?" Summer asks. She hasn't yet stopped blushing.

"A lot. He's got a small get-together at his house later for Bruno. I think I'll tell him there."
At this point I feel numb.

"D'you think I can join you. I'm trying to get away from my dad." I say before I'm able to stop myself. My brain screams for me to take that back but my heart won't let me. If there's something happening between them, I need to know.

"Yea of course. It's gonna be a small thing but I'm sure we can fit in one more person." She says and I try all my might to not give a fake smile then say,

"Awesome."

We all continue to sit and chat as my mind keeps running wild.

'Hey babe, what are you doing later?' I decide to text him after a while. Maybe because I want to see if he'll lie but he responds saying,

'Just hanging out with the boys you?'
I decide not to text him back, that's technically not a lie. But I'm mad that he invited Olivia even after the kiss they'd shared.

I have no desire whatsoever to see Bruno but I don't care about him. I need to know if it's true.

As Olivia and I walk inside the still not-so-familiar mansion that belongs to my so called-boyfriend, I see her walking like she owns the place. Clearly she's been here a few times. I don't even know where exactly everyone is sitting but she seems to the way she's leading us to the backyard.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom quickly," I say stopping her in her tracks. I need to breathe.

"Yeah sure, it's just down that way."
I know where the bathroom is, this is my boyfriend's house. I don't tell her that though, I just force a smile then say,