16.

I've been in hospital for over a week now, he hasn't called.

I know it's because he's still mad at me.

I'm partly ok with that because I don't want him to know what's happened. I don't want him to know I almost...

I just want him to be ok.

And ok he seems to be because every time I switch on the Tv I see him, he's also all over the internet. He's appearing in music videos too and every other day he's on a different Tv channel getting interviewed. I never thought it was possible but he's somehow getting more and more famous every day.

It's so odd to see also, because he's never really wanted this kind of life. He was never into the fame that came with his profession. All he wanted was to play football, everything else he didn't care much about. But he looks happy every time I see him on tv and I guess that makes me happy too. I'm glad he's found something that he fits into. I guess I was a bit jealous that unlike me, he found something outside of our relationship that he's passionate about.

I'm proud of him, I really am and I'd never missed an opportunity to tell him. He's living his dream. He also got himself and his grandmother out of poverty, that's something he'd always dreamt of doing one day. I know he wishes grandma Michaels was well enough to enjoy his new riches with him. He'd used to talk about how he wanted to show her the world in a way she'd never seen it before. He wanted her to experience life where she didn't have to worry about their next meal. He wanted to spoil her.

But after being diagnosed with cancer, she'd gone on a series of chemotherapy and radiation that left her almost paralyzed. So she'd then had to be taken to an old age home as Ezra couldn't take care of her. But even though she can't really do much right now, Ezra still makes sure that she's got everything she wants and needs, and then some. He's always been beyond grateful that she took him in even when she could barely make it on her own. They'd suffered but they'd made it through.

So as I sit on the hospital bed watching an ice cream commercial he's starring in, I can't help but smile. He hates ice cream, he doesn't see the point of it. I let my mind take me to a time back in our happy days when I'd forced him to have the icy substance. I'd told him I was craving it but I wasn't going to have it unless he had it with me. He hadn't been happy with the blackmail but that didn't stop him from falling for it. He would've done anything and everything to put a smile on my face.

But upon taking his first bite roughly, he'd squealed at the brain freeze that followed, earning a very long laugh from me.

He'd tried to fake a sad face but failed miserably. Of course I'd laughed harder. Those were some of our happiest days.

"Do you know him?"
I didn't realize I was smiling and staring at the tv when I heard Mary's voice ask from the bed next to mine. I quickly recover from my daze and then,

"No," I say now directing my smile from the tv to her. If I all of a sudden drop it then I look suspicious.

"He's quite a looker."
He's the most beautiful man I know, in every way possible.

"Neh, he's alright." I lie. I can't afford her thinking I'm attracted to him.

But she looks at me smugly, clearly calling my bluff. Then,

"How come you never say anything about yourself? I'm always the one rambling about my pathetic life." She takes the opportunity to ask. Likely because for once, I'm in a good mood.

After getting out of the ICU, I was transferred to the psychiatric ward where they'd told me I was going to be for a while. I guess because I'm now considered crazy because why else would I do what I did? I'd thought that after getting discharged, I'd be sent back home where I'd start making better decisions. But nope, I was in for a rude awakening when I was told I needed to go to a psychiatric ward where my every move would be watched. I'm guessing so I don't try to do what I did again.