3. pix

dixie's pov
"dixie?" i looked at her with wide eyes.
       i didn't answer her, i didn't trust my ears. what if i just imagined it? i quickly finished picking up the glass and stood back up.
      "once again ma'am i'm so sorry, i'll have your new ones out in no time." i turned away and started to walk away quickly.
charli's pov
     "clumsy ass worker. why do they hire people like that?" bryce said in an annoyed tone.
      "oh would you shut the fuck up, you can't even do anything for yourself bryce." i stood up and walked away.
      "dixie! wait!" i called after her.
      i caught up to her and gently grabbed her arm.
      "dixie please tell me it's you."
       "charli? is it really you?" i asks.
       i nod my head and she sets the tray down and pulls me into a giant hug.
      "i've missed you so much." i heard her sniffle.
is she crying? i pulled back and sure enough there was a stray tear rolling down her face. i quickly wiped it away.
"go get the drinks, don't worry about paying, i got you." she smiled and nodded.
"oh and dixie, i missed you too." i smiled and walked back to the group.
      "what was that all about?" madi asked me.
      "we'll talk about this later." i said putting an emphasis on the word "we'll".
       a couple minutes later dixie comes back with our drinks.
      "again ma'am i'm sincerely sorry about dropping them the first time." she says apologizing to addison.
     "hey here's the money for the drinks." i smile handing over some cash.
     "but ma'am there's extra money in here." she says confused.
      "call me charli, and keep it, you seem like you're having a rough day." i smile.
       "thank you, and again i'm sorry for the inconvenience."
       "it's really fine. it happens to the best of us." madi says giving her a sympathetic smile.
addison's pov
      what the hell was that about? why was bryce being such an asshole? why did charli chase after her and pay? what's going on?
charli's pov
       "what are you being so nice to the staff for charli?" he says.
       "how about they're normal people just like us. god bryce i can't stand you. i don't even know why addison would date an asshole like you." i said through clenched teeth.
"what did you just say?" he says standing up.
"i said i don't know why addison would date as asshole like you. she clearly deserves better than you." i spit at him.
"you're gonna regret that sentence." he takes a step closer to me.
"go ahead hit a minor and go to jail, i fucking dare you." i push him back some.
"okay you little bitch." he goes to raise his hand until someone yells.
"STOP! JUST STOP! FUCKING CHRIST!" addison yells.
"i think maybe it's best we go addi." madi says grabbing my arm.
addison nods.
"fuck you bryce hall, you're the reason i hate men. addison if i were you i'd think about getting a better boyfriend." madi dragged me away from the two and back to the changing rooms.
we started to change.
      "god, i can't stand him. he's so selfish and arrogant. he's always acting like he's better than everyone else. just because we have fucking money doesn't mean that we're better than everyone else. god this is why i don't come here because it's filled with rich snobby people who don't care about anyone but themselves." i say. if i were a cartoon i would definitely have steam coming from my ears.
      "so do you want to tell me why you stood up for that worker so much, i genuinely don't have a problem with it. it was a really nice thing to do but i'm curious as to why you were so defensive of her." madi says as we finish changing now looking back at eachother.
       i let out a long sigh, and begin to explain.
     "madi do you know who that worker was?" she shook her head no.
    "it's her." madi gave me a confused look.
     "it's my sister. that's dixie." i say and her eyes get wide.
      "REALLY?" i nodded.
      "char i'm so happy for you, we have to talk to her.wait i have a question."
    "okay."
      "do you know avani? i remember the first day you were here you looked like you'd seen a ghost when she introduced herself."
      "yeah, me and dixie got there a week after her and we bonded over the newness of it all, but of course i got adopted and they stayed. i don't actually know if they ever got adopted or not."
"well we have to talk to them, maybe they can come to the house. i really want you to spend time with your sister especially since i know how much you miss her."
it was true i used to go into madi's room at night and cry while she held me, i still did sometimes on the nights it got really bad. she was the closest thing i had to a sister although we had more of a best friend relationship. i really appreciated her.
" okay." i said giving her a wide smile.
"let's go talk to avani." she said
we walked out to the tennis court and saw her walking out.
"vani!" madi called to her.
"yes madi?"
"look charli saw dixie, can you guys come to my house after the shift so we talk?" she asks.
"we have to check in with some people, i can't promise anything." she says.
"avani."
"yes charli?" she questions.
" i missed you, and just tell the lady at the desk that you're going to the monroe's. i'm sure doris will understand." i say letting go of her.
she nods and walks off.
dixie's pov
      "dix!" avani calls entering the break room.
      "yeah?" i respond.
      "the monroe's have invited us over to talk, well basically madi. call mrs. doris and ask her if we can go."
       "okay?" i say questionably.
      i take out my phone and dial the contact.
       "hello? dixie?" i hear her say from the other side of the line.
       "yes ma'am, i wanted to run something by with you, if that's okay?"
     "go ahead."
     "madi monroe has invited me and avani over to her house to talk this afternoon after work. is it okay that we go?"
      "what's the reason?" she asks.
      "charli actually."
       "oh, so i see you found her. i'll talk to the boss real quick although it think it'll be fine. please hold."
      she puts me on hold for a couple of minutes before returning to the line.
      "she said it was okay, but please be back by curfew." she said sweetly.
     "yes ma'am we always are, and thank you." i replied.
      "of course. oh and dixie, tell charli i said hi." a can almost feel her smiling on the other side of the line.
      "will do ma'am." i had a faint smile on my face as i hung up the call.
       "so?" kate said.
       i didn't even notice her or griffin's arrival. they must have gotten here during the phone call. i nodded.
      "i'm so happy for you dix." griffin said putting a hand on my shoulder.
      "thanks griff." i give him a smile and we started to eat lunch.
addison's pov
      i was still really confused about early but i wasn't gonna push charli to tell me anything. i was curious to why bryce was being such an asshole to her though. he ignores me for two weeks, and then magically thinks he can insult my friends? something about it just didn't sit right with me. was charli right? did i deserve better? i shook the thoughts off. i loved bryce even if he was a jerk sometimes.
dixie's pov
end of the work day
      "everything checked out okay?" madi asks me.
      "yeah, we can go." i answered her.
      "rule number one, once we enter this damn car don't do any of that ma'am and ms. shit. its annoying." charli said.
     avani let out a small laugh and we got into the car.
       a couple minutes later we pulled up and their house, my jaw dropped looking at the size of the house.
       "ya know pix if you don't close your mouth soon a bug is gonna fly in." charli said jokingly.
      pix. no one had called my that in years, it was her nickname for me. it was nice to hear it again after everything we'd been through.
      i closed my jaw and we stepped out of the car. we walked into the front door and entered the house. what was next i wouldn't know.
word count: 1450
      here you go, chapter number three. i apologize for any grammatical errors.