6. on my mind

that friday
addison's pov
       for some reason i couldn't get her out of my head. her lips. her soft voice. the smell of her, it all flooded my senses. i've slept in her hoodie the past few days. i knew it was wrong but i couldn't help it, she just so mesmerizing.
me and bryce hadn't talked since the other night, and i didn't even know if i still wanted to be with him. he never seems to care about me or my feelings. i don't even know anymore.
all i knew is that it was friday and a was having a party tonight because my parents and brothers are going to our lake house later on today and staying there this weekend. i decided to text the girls and tell them so they could help spread the word and invite people.
                           the hoes😌🤩
me: party at my house tonight, invite whoever you want i don't really care
charles: wow addi throwing another rager who would've thought
madi: ok i'm probably gonna invite avani tbh
me: i'm good with whatever, but ask if she can bring dixie
i closed my phone. she's the only thing on my mind
"come on addison we're leaving." my dad called from downstairs.
oh shit! i was still wearing dixie's hoodie. i hadn't even gotten out of bed yet.
"i'll be down in a second." i yelled.
i put on a t-shirt a some shorts and ran downstairs.
"addison where are your shoes?" lucas asked me.
"oh shit yeah shoes. I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!"
"WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE ADDISON RAE!" i heard my dad yell as i ran up the stairs.
      i slipped on a pair of birks. i know it's basic but  they worked great in the occasional rush. i grabbed a bikini since i figured i would tan now because i didn't get to last time
       i ran back downstairs and out to the car.
        "okay so as you know we're leaving this afternoon to go to the lake house, and all i ask is that if you do throw a party please have the mess cleaned before we get back home." my mom said looking at me.
        "yes ma'am."
      "so addison how are you and bryce?" my dad asks.
       how am i supposed to answer him when i don't even know. what am i supposed to say "oh yeah he kicked me out of his car the other night and we haven't talked since."
       instead i answered, "we're doing fine."
but in reality i knew it wasn't the truth. i knew we were in a horrible place, but i mean at least he's not cheating on me. maybe i can't fix things with him tonight.
        i love him, right? yeah, yeah. of course i do.
       then why do i keep thinking about dixie, about the kiss, about how sweet she was. i don't know what i feel for her.
      "we're here!" lucas said excitedly as we pulled up to the the large front building.
       "i'm gonna go tan and maybe swim, i'll see you guys later. love y'all." i said walking away from my family.
        i went into the changing room quickly did what i needed to a walked back outside. i could always feel eyes on me and it wasn't just because i was rich. i put on some tanning lotion and set a timer on my phone so i knew when to flip.
          after i a while i felt some one poke my shoulder.
         "hey addison." it was griffin.
         "hey griff, i missed you dude."
         the thing is me and griffin are neighbors so we've always been really good friends, but when he started college and i started dating bryce he became more distant.
        "i missed you too. so um can i like get you something to drink or are you good?"
       "yeah actually, it's really hot today so can i get a water please."
       "yeah, i'll be right back." he said starting to walk away.
       "griffin wait," he stopped and started walking back my way.
       "i'm having a party at my place tonight if you want to come."
        "of course, i'd never miss an addison rae rager."
       "cool you can bring some friends if you want."
        he just smiled and walked off.
dixie's pov
       "hey dixie come here a second." charli called out as i was bringing something to someone.
      "hold up i'll be there in a bit, i just gotta bring this to someone."
         "here you go sir," i handed him his drink.
           "have a great day sir." i flashed him a smile.
          i walked over to where the monroe's  were.
       "so what did you need charli?"
        "oh there's a party at addison's tonight and she asked me to invite you, and tell avani she can come too." she smiled.
      what? addison wanted me to come to her house. why me? maybe it was to give my jacket back? yeah, that had to be it.
lunch break
      i walk over to the group and sat down as we started to talk.
        " so um, addison easterling invited me to a party and said avani could come."
       "that's dope, she also invited me and said that i could bring people, and since you two are already invited it makes perfect send to invite kate. so you gonna come?" she asks kate.
     "uh hell yeah!" she said and we all laughed.
      we all talked until it was time to go back to work.
      " so i'll pick everyone up tonight and then we'll go." griffin told us.
       we all nodded and headed back out for work.
hours later
     griffin was waiting outside in the car because we changed our plan and decided to get ready there because he lives next to addison.
we grabbed what we needed and headed to
the front desk.
"we're going hangout at griffin's house, we'll be later." i said running out the door.
"let's go!" i jumped into the car sitting next to kate.
she laughed as we sped down the road. we eventually parked in griffin's driveway making our way into his house. we'd all been here before so it wasn't anything new.
"hi mr. and mrs. johnson." kate said.
"hi girls." his mom said back.
his dad just gave us a friendly wave as we headed upstairs to get dressed. griffin headed to his room and we headed to the bathroom.
i didn't really plan on going all out for this so i just brought a white t-shirt with a small design on the front right, some jeans and the air force ones that griffin bought me for christmas. i was already wearing one chain so i just left it on and put my hair up into a bun.
i watched as the other two put on makeup. kate was wearing a crop top and some jeans. avani was wearing something similar.
we all walk to his room and knocked.
"come in." i yelled.
i opened the door and griffin was hopping around trying to pull his shoe on. i laughed at his struggle. he finally got his shoe on and flipped me off.
"everyone ready?" avani asked.
we all nodded know we had some time to kill before going to the house next door.
"i bet i could whip all of your asses at cod" i challenged.
"yeah sure, let's test that theory." kate said.
griffin tossed each of us a controlled and we started to play.
1 hour later
"BOOM."
"i told you guys i would win." i said over confidently.
"shut up." griffin grumbled.
"don't be a sore loser gremlin, you're better than that."
"fuck you dixie. now i think we have a party to get to." he stood up and walked out.
we walked next door as the sun was just being to set and walked in.
the loudness consumed us as we shut the door. we all went our separate ways. i decided to go look for this girl that had been taking up all my thoughts. addison rae easterling.
word count: 1337
this is kinda just a filler chapter to move the story along but i promise there will be dixison content coming soon.