10. wondering minds

dixie's pov
it's been a month since me and addison started hooking up. it was towards the middle to end of july and i was starting to look at apartments. i was turning 18 in a couple weeks so i really needed to find a place to live.
it was saturday morning and i was supposed be looking at some apartments today. but as of right now i was just chilling with addison, after the first couple weeks her sex drive went down some, which was a blessing on my part. we just hung out for the most part with flirting here and there and of course the occasional hookup. we were more friends with slight benefits.
"hey addi, i gotta go within the next half an hour." i said to her.
she pouted, "do you really have to leave?"
"if i want somewhere to live then yeah." i joked.
"i could come with and help you look."
"hmm, yes cause us in an empty apartment is definitely a smart idea." i said.
"i just want to be a good friend and help you out, since you're always helping me out." she said.
"when i help you out i'm also helping myself, this provides no benefits to you and its boring. so i think you'll find it less boring here."
"or you just don't want me there. wait dixie are you going to see another girl?!" she said pissed off.
"no, i'm not going to see another girl. i'm loyal to agreements princess." i lifted her chin up her up holding eye contact.
her eyes were a darker color. was that really enough to turn her on? i let out a low chuckle before capturing her lips with mine. i pulled her onto my lap as we made out until my phone started ringing in my back pocket.
"mm, i have to get this." i broke the kiss and dug into my back pocket pulling it out and answering.
"yo dicksea, if you don't get your ass in my car right now i'm leaving and you can find someone else to bring you." kate said from the other side of the line.
"okay chill kate. i'm coming, see you in a sec. bye" i hung up the call.
"i have to go. sorry, but i'll text you later." i gave her a quick kiss an ran out on the house and into kate's car.
      "okay bitch, let's rock and roll." i said excitedly.
      "someone's happy."
      "i'm ready to have my own place, and be able to do what i want."
       "it's hard to have a night life when you live in a building with like 100 other kids." kate laughed.
       a bit later we pulled up to the first apartment complex. this one was about an hour away, but i was super close to the college i was attending. it's was really nice, super modern, and it was in my pay range.
      not only had i been working pretty much non stop for the last two years, but when my parents passed me and charli each got a half of the money put into bank accounts we had already set up. so i wasn't necessarily broke.
      "i really like this one." kate said.
       "me too, but we still have like 5 others to go look at."
      our order was farthest to closest. we finished looking at the apartment and got back into kate's car and drove to another location. this one was only about 45 minutes from where she lived currently but was about 20 or so minutes to her college campus.
4 hours later
      it was about 2:50 and we'd just got back from lunch. we were currently on the way to the last apartment it was really close to addison but super close from my school, but the sad truth was that i was going to be ending things between me and addison soon. i felt myself catching feeling for her and like i said no falling in love and i was going to stick to that, but also i wouldn't be able to do stuff with her when i was an hour away at college, i just wasn't going to rearrange my life for someone that probably wouldn't be in it for very long.
       by the end of next week i would have to end things, but for right now i'm gonna appreciate our time together.
      we looked through the apartment and i didn't really love it so we decided it was a no and left. i called the the manager of the complex from the first apartment and talked with him. we set up a time for payment and a move in day and just like that i was done. i decided to text her asking if i could come back over.
princess🙈🥴
me: hey can i come back over or do you have plans?
princess: nope, i have nothing going on, you can come back if you want.
me: alright, i'll be there in like 15
i closed my phone and put it back into the pocket of my jeans.
      "hey kate, can you drop me back off at addison's?"
"yeah." she said as we drove in silence for the rest of the time.
we pulled into her driveway and i said my goodbyes to kate before walking into the door. i quickly made my way up to her room opening and closing the door quietly. she was sleeping on the bed peacefully. she looked beautiful, what i would do to make her mine, but she could never be mine.
i climbed into the bed and wrapped an arm around her waist. i only ever got to act like she was mine right after sex when we would lay in her bed. her head resting on my chest and my arm draped over her back, holding her close. but i would always have to go soon after. i knew that i had to be back by 4:30 today but i just wanted to be here for a little longer.
i watched as her eyes fluttered open. i gave her a smile and she returned it.
      " i just wanted to spend some time with you before i have to go back home."
"why don't we ever go to your house? why is it always mine."
" i told you not to ask about my home life addison."
"seriously what's wrong with it. i want to know."
"well it's none of your damn business. so just don't fucking ask."
"okay, i'm sorry."
"maybe i should leave."
"no, dixie please don't. i don't want you to leave here being mad at me."
"i'm not mad princess. i just asked you not to ask about that. so just please don't bring it up again." i sigh resting my head in my hands before dragging them down my face.
"you promise?" she pouted.
i kissed her softly, "i promise."
i knew it was wrong, i knew she didn't feel the same way but i couldn't help it.
"good because you're becoming one of my best friends."
yes, friends. we're just friends.
"friends don't fuck but go on." i joked.
"i'm serious dixie, you're a great friend."
that hurt like a bitch, not gonna lie.
"hey addi, i gotta start my walk home."
"i can drive you."
"no, i see you later, okay?"
"okay."
i leaned over a gave her a small kiss.
"see you later princess."
addison's pov
i liked her, i knew it was wrong and i shouldn't, but could help it. after a while i didn't just want sex, i wanted an actual relationship with her. but she didn't look at me the same.
i was always so curious about her. 'why she didn't want me to know about her home life?' , or 'why she wouldn't even let me drive her home?'. there were thousands of questions in my head about this girl. like 'why couldn't she stay the night?', or 'why she always kept her thoughts to herself?'. i wanted to know the answer but i knew she'd never give it.
that's when i decided i would follow her home. i ran downstairs grabbing me keys and hopping into my car. i saw a figure that resembled her in the afternoon sun, a followed her, never getting to close. i don't even think she. hold tell that i was following her.
about 30 minutes later she crossed the street entering a building. i parked across waiting for her to come out but she didn't. i looked a the letters on the building spelling out 'w. harris orphanage'.
she's an orphan? why didn't she tell me? wait does that mean her and charli are- sisters?
word count: 1458
so i'm probably going to be ending this book around 15 chapters. this was originally a side book so it was planned out to have as many chapters as 'need you' but anyways thank you for the support on this book.