13. you're not supposed to love me

dixie's pov
you've changed 'princess🥴🙈' to
'addison easterling'
addison's pov
      it's been a week. i haven't been myself, no bubbly happy addison. i've just sat here contemplating the situation over and over again. i guess she didn't like me after all, and that hurt to know.
     i know we started out as friends with benefits but i had really grown to love her, and her touch, the way she held me close after everything. the way she always called me princess, her smile, her beautiful eyes. i'd grown to love everything about her, every inch of her. i was so in love with her, and i'll admit that, but when she ended everything she looked so... torn. i'd never seen her look that hurt.
        she looked like she hadn't slept in days and her mind was driving her insane.
     it was then that i realized what that look in her eye was. she was scared to hold onto me. she thought i would leave her.
dixie's pov
it's been a week and i haven't been the same without her, i'll admit it. addison brought out a side of me that i hadn't seen in so long, the side that was happy, and glad to be alive. the side that i hadn't seen since i was thirteen. she brought that out of me. she made me genuinely smile and laugh, but i just couldn't have her.
        "so today's the day." i said to avani.
        "happy birthday dix." she sounded upset, but could you really blame her?
        "come here you goofball." i opened my arms and she crawled into my bed hugging me tightly.
"hey, you take care of charli for me when i'm not here."
"of course." i heard her sniffle.
"i know this is hard for the both of us, but i promise i'll come visit you every weekend. and as for right now let's just enjoy the moment.
it was quiet for some moment until i felt her tears drenching my hoodie .
"i'm not ready to say goodbye." she sobbed holding me closer
"vani look at me." she pulled her face out of my hoodie.
"listen to me, you're gonna be okay. i promise. you have charli and madi and you will always have me. when you need me i'll be there. i will always be here. it's still avani and dixie against the world. i love you vani, thank you for everything." i wiped the tears from her eyes.
(anyways stan dixie and avani's friendship)
i pulled her closer and we just laid there enjoying our last few hours together.
hours later
addison's pov
she constantly stayed on my mind, like a headache the i just couldn't shake. i wanted her, but i couldn't have her.
       i started to think about our time together and smiled, but after a while i remembered she was lying to me the whole time. she kept secrets and lied. the one thing i told her not to do. i was mad, was everything just lies.
      before i knew what i was doing i was in my car already driving down the road with a certain building in mind. the w. harris orphanage. i parked on the side of the street and put my money into the small monitor. i walked up to the front desk that had an older lady sitting at it.
       "hello?"
        "oh hello, how can i assist you?"
        "i'm looking for a dixie d'amelio." i said to the lady.
dixie's pov
      i'd just finished packing the last box and was headed downstairs with it when i heard, "i'm looking for a dixie d'amelio." i knew exactly who it was. 
      addison. how does she know that i'm here?
       "you're not supposed to be here addison." i set the box down on the floor.
"and you weren't supposed to lie to me." she faced me.
"i asked you not to ask about my personal life, you're not even supposed to be here. how did you find out? who told you?"
"i'm sorry but what's going on here?" mrs doris asked the two of us.
"it's nothing." i answered her.
"oh so we were nothing?"
"addison just answer the damn question, how did you find out?"
"one day after you left my house i got curious so i followed you home, which lead me here. so went to charli's house and she told me about everything."
"YOU BROUGHT MY SISTER INTO OUR PROBLEMS?" i yelled.
"i didn't bring her into our problems it was before we even stopped seeing each other. and why are you making it out for me to be that bad guy? you lied to me, which is the ONLY thing i asked you not to do."
"i wasn't lying. i told you not to ask, i told you to just leave my home life alone."
       "why? why wouldn't you tell me?"
       "BECAUSE ADDISON, HAVE YOU EVER STOPPED TO THINK THAT MAYBE IM SCARED? IM SO FUCKING SCARED THATS THE TRUTH! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?" i yelled at her.
"dixie-"
"no addison just leave. i don't want to be hurt anymore." i picked my box up and walked to the tiny trailer me and kate had rented to move our stuff.
what does she not understand? she's not the one that hurt. i am and she just wants to act like everything is perfect.
"DIXIE WAIT!" i heard her call from behind.
"what do you want easterling?"
         "i- i love you."
        "you what?" 
       "i'm in love with you dixie."
       "stop, just stop! stop messing with me!" yelled
       "i can't be hurt again! i can't take that again!"
"dixie i won't hurt you, trust me. i love you."
"you're not supposed to love me." i said quietly.
"what?"
"you're not supposed to love me. i'm not supposed to have someone. don't you understand that?"
       "dixie what do you mean?"
       "that special person that everyone spends their life with i'm just not supposed to have one, because who wants me?"
        "me, i'm telling you that. you have to believe me, i love you dixie."
does she really love me? do i trust her? is she going to hurt me? if i take this risk will i be okay in the end?
word count: 1043
i'll leave y'all on this little cliff hanger and i'll write the outcome next chapter.
also i'm not proof reading sorry