5. her

first off i changed the book cover to a more recent picture so if i said addison was a blonde please disregard it because for the remainder of this book she will be brunette
addison's pov
      after the incident with the girls and bryce earlier i decided to talk with him.
       it was about 1am and we were sitting in his car.
       "BRYCE WOULD YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE!" i screamed tears running down my face.
        "I DONT SEE WHAT I DID WRONG!" he yells back.
       "i don't fucking care if they're workers they're also normal fucking people with normal lives. you need to fucking understand that."
         "oh god here you go, now you sound like fucking charli." he spat back.
        "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? charli is a good  person so don't even try to comment on her."
        "you know what addison? i'm done just get out of my car and i'll see you later." i nodded and got out of his car and started walking back to my house. this was going to be a pain in the ass since i was all the way across town.
dixie's pov
      it was 1am and i couldn't sleep, my mind was running around at the previous day's events, i had to get out of this building it felt cramped.
       i quickly put on a hoodie some and socks and shoes before grabbing my skateboard and quietly opening the window and climbing down the building.
         once my feet hit the pavement i put the board down and started to skate.
      okay so rundown of today: i was running drinks out to addison and her friends then i saw charli dropped the drinks, got called basically useless by bryce hall. picked up the broken drinks then told addison i would pay for everything. then charli chased me and we had a little reunion moment, i came back with the drinks then charli paid and gave me extra money, and later on madi and charli invited me and avani to their house and me and char caught up then i took and nap and ate dinner, then me and avani came home and i've been up since. i mean there was just so much information to take in. 
        i continue to skate down the street trying to clear out the clouded mess that was my head. it was quiet, there wasn't much of anything going on right now.
       a little while into my mind clearing ride i was a man and a girl about 20 feet in front of him. the man looked to be about middle aged while the girl appeared to be about my age a little shorter than me with long brown hair.
          i knew the man wasn't just walking, he was set on this girl and anyone with a brain could tell. instantly felt uncomfortable for the girl and skated ahead. i was about 5 feet behind the girl when i realized just who it was. addison rae easterling, but why was she on the opposite side of town at 1:30 am?
        i could see the man speeding up to her in my peripheral vision. i decided to i had to do something.
        "babe wait!" i yelled at her and got off my skateboard as i began to walk along side her.
"dixie?" she said surprised.
         "i know this is confusing but there's a guy behind you who's been following you. just go along with it." i whispered and she nodded slightly.
        "adds i'm sorry, i know i shouldn't have yelled."
          "no dixie, you yelled for no reason. i have a reason to be mad. you were acting like an asshole." she seems genuinely mad.
          "what happened with her?" i thought.
        "baby please. i was just mad and caught up in the moment.i didn't mean to yell or get you mad. hell didn't mean to make you mad to the point where you left. i'm sorry"
           "i know bubba, but please just consider my feelings next time." she smiled.
we both started to lean in until our lips touched. i don't what happened with addison but i could tell she needed this.
i kissed her sweetly slowly caressing her cheek with my thumb as it started to pour down. this kiss was like something i'd never felt before. it felt comforting.
i pulled back slowly looking into her angelic brown eyes and whispered, "i love you adds."
i think she forgot we were playing an act as her eyes went wide before realizing.
"i love you too bubba."
i looked behind us to see the man was gone, but when i looked back i saw addison shivering from the rain.
          "here. its water resistant." i took off my hoodie and handed it to her.
             i forgot that i usual slept shirtless which now meant i was outside shirtless at one am with the most beautiful girl in the world that i only wished i could make mine.
          i saw addison staring at me, so i decided to tease her.
            "like what you see easterling?" i joked and she shook her head.
            "i'm just joking come on, let's get you home princess." i wrapped one arm protectively around her waist as we started walking to charli's subdivision.
          on our walk there i heard addison start to sniffle. soon she was full on crying.
"hey. hey, what's wrong?"
"b-bryce and i got into a fight, and he kicked me out of his car, then this happened and i k-kissed you, w-which means i cheated on h-him." she began to sob.
"first off he's and asshole for kicking you out of his car and second off the kiss doesn't count as cheating because we were pretending to keep you safe. okay addison?" she shook her head and wiped her tears.
"i'm sure your an amazing girlfriend addison. bryce is lucky to have you." i reassured her.
"it's 2am let's get you home."
       i laid my board down on the sidewalk and got on extending my hand to her.
       "it's not that bad." she nodded and stepped on.
      "wrap your arms around my waist." i instructed and she complied.
        i pushed off with my foot as we started making our way to her house.
       we arrived at her house in about 10 minutes. i watched as she opened her door and waved to me.
          "goodnight addison."
         "goodnight dixie."
         she shut the door still wearing my hoodie leaving me outside.
        i turned around and started skating home.
        it took me a solid 45 minutes to get back to the building and another five to climb back up into my room.
           i shut the window quietly and changed clothes before laying back in bed again.
          this time was different they was a peace to it. i shut my eyes and my last thoughts were of her lips on mine.
word count:1150
      welp they kissed, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i also apologize for any grammatical errors. remember to stay safe and stay shipping dixison