Chapter 7

excuse any mistakes

Omniscient
Somerville, TN

Kaymoni's head laid on Jakari's shoulder when she heard when his phone ding signaling he got a message. He grabbed it and opened the messages to see the girl he met at the shop a couple days ago had texted him.

Kaymoni read 'See you tonight😉' from the unsaved number. He didn't respond but instead turned his phone off and put it back down.

Kaymoni slowly picked her head off his shoulder and sat up straight.

He gave her a puzzled look. "Wassup?"

She shook her head. "Nothing."

"Put yo head back den, shawty."

"You good ima go use the restroom tho." She got up and went to the guest bathroom. She wasn't mad or upset simply because her and Jakari were really nothing but friends at the end of the day.

They've never fucked or even kissed, hugged and slept on each other yea, but thats it. In her mind she just felt weird being so close and all up under him when he's messing around with other girls.

It's not a jealous thing Kaymoni simply just had too much respect for herself and the other girl as well. She didn't even know if they were dating or just fucking around nor did she actually gave 2 fucks to find out.

Jakari on the other hand was sitting back wondering why she just acted the way she did. Soon he put his two and two together and came up with the conclusion that she may have read the message and felt some type of way. Sighing and shaking his head he figured some shit like this was gonna happen sooner or later.

He was single so he could fuck who he wanted and she could do the same for that matter. Him and Kaymoni didn't have any relations so he didn't see the reason for her to feel any type of way.

Whole time Kaymoni viewed this situation completely opposite from what he had concluded.

After washing her hands she walked back up front and reclaimed her spot, putting a few inches between him and her. He peeped it but chose not to say anything.

"Aye, y'all tryna go out tonight?" Pooh asked out of nowhere.

"Shid we could." Phat shrugged. "Go to the movies or some shit."

"Mm mm not the movies." Kaymoni shook her head. "Shits boring let's go bowling or something."

"Im down." Sway nodded and everyone agreed. It was only 5pm and they wanted to go at night so they split up to get ready and do whatever is needed at home.

"You going out?" Kaymoni's mom asked her coming in her room while she was finding an outfit.

"Yea, gonna go bowling with some friends." Her mom nodded and went back to the phone call she was having with her sister.

At 8pm the gang met up at a bowling ally in Cordova. Going inside they waited in line to pay their way in.

"My bad." Kaymoni said to Jakari when she backed into him.

"You straight." He said not making eye contact with her. At this point she was confused cause he seemed upset with her. Hell if anyone she be upset it she be her, right?

After paying and ordering food for the table they began their game with Kaymoni, Aaliyah, and Pooh on one team and the boys on the other.

(don't feel like getting to much into allat so we gone skip ahead.)