Chapter 8

excuse any mistakes

Kaymoni | Kay
Brownsville, TN

My mom made me and Ty go with her to our grandmothers house since she was having a small get together with close family. I'm not to found of them especially my aunt Tati and her 2 eldest girls. My mom and her mom argue ever other day and it's been like that since she moved out when she was only 17 to go be with a boy she was dating at the time.

Her mom claims she forgave her but anytime they get into it grandma always brings it up. Tati on the other hand literally does not like me and Ty for no reason other then she thinks we are problem children just like our mom was.

Her girls simply don't like us because their mom doesn't.

"Hey grandma." I hugged her when she let us in.

"Hey baby." She went to hug Ty who looked uncomfortable the whole time. I laughed at him.

"Hey y'all." My mom greeted her siblings well except Tati who bougie ass stood in the corner with a smug on her face. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch away from everyone.

"You can't speak?" Madison said sitting next to me.

I laughed and gave her a hug. "How long y'all been here?" I asked.

"3 hours." She sighed. "Boring as fuck they ain't been doing shit but drinking."

I shook my head ready to go already. Ty came over and gave her a hug before sitting next to me.

"Y'all ain't gone eat?" My mom asked.

"Can you fix me a plate?" I asked. My ass was to shy. She nodded and went to do it for me.

"I'm ready to go." Ty blowed and laid back. "Ion een like these people."

"Right i feel outta place here."

"Let's go out back with the kids." Madison suggested. I nodded and we went towards the backyard and sat on the patio.

"Tete Kay!" My 4 year old niece Ari ran towards me. She's the only one of Tati's kids that i love.

"Stop running fa you fall baby." I picked her up and sat her in my lap. "Whatchu been up to boo?"

"Nudin." She shrugged playing wit my necklace. "I miss you."

I laughed kissing her cheek. "I missed you too."

"What are you doing?" Tati's second oldest Kennedy made a face walking up to me and grabbing Ari off my lap.

"You doing too much." Madison made a face.

"Way too much."

"Put me downnn!" Ari whined reaching for me.

"Girl give me my fucking niece." I tried reaching for her.

"No don't be touching my sister." She moved her body. "I don't like you."

"I really don't give a fuck to be honest." I stood up. "You being childish and petty for no reason. Bitch you almost 20!"

"What's going on?" The adults came outside.

"She just called me out my name." Kennedy told on me.

Bitch really?

"No, she came over here tryna start shit." Madison stood up for me.

"Watch yo mouth." Her dad warned.

"Kaymoni why are you-" My grandma started but i cut her off.