one.

One.
“It takes time, but in the end the time you take helps you become a better hero.” 

― THE RADIO WAS GOING CRAZY IN THE HALL OF THE FIVE AS SHARON PEMBERTON, 36 AT THE TIME WAS RUNNING BACK AND FORTH GIVING MESSAGES TO HER TEAM, AND WATCHING OUT FOR THE JSA

― THE RADIO WAS GOING CRAZY IN THE HALL OF THE FIVE AS SHARON PEMBERTON, 36 AT THE TIME WAS RUNNING BACK AND FORTH GIVING MESSAGES TO HER TEAM, AND WATCHING OUT FOR THE JSA. She was waiting for a call from The Justice Society of America saying they have the Injustice Society in custody and are ready to bring justice for the heroes that have fallen from some of the villains. 

I walked around the building waiting for the call as my team was currently on a mission and I was left alone with an android named Veronica Stone who was made to give us alerts and stay so if a teammate was injured. My reasons for not going out tonight was because I needed to stay on the call for the JSA as they had the fight of their life with my ex-lover who I thought I was going to spend my life with, and the rest of the Injustice Society of America. 

Tonight was supposed to be special, I was supposed to spend time with my nephew, niece, younger sister, and my older brother were to celebrate Christmas together even if it was with Henry King Sr. which we later found out was Brainwave after he almost killed me once before I fully got my developed powers. Well my brother would have to leave early anyways, but that was until we both got calls from our teams since I joined in with four other strong heroes to form an undercover hero group called the mark of five. 

The five members being me Starling aka Sharon Pemberton/Carlston, Black Canary aka Dinah Laurel Lance, Troia aka Celest Prince, Hawkgirl aka Shiera Hall, and Green Arrow aka Oliver Queen. In the end each member had their specialities and we formed the team if we didn’t want to be seen to the public eye or to be known by the villains like the ISA. So they went undercover even if the costs were that some of them had children, and others only one had no children. 

“Pat.” I yelled into the walkie talkie as I heard him in the car along with my older brother’s voice. “Any news from Starman.” I said as I heard another voice on the other side. “Starling?” He said over the radio as I turned mine back on using my hands. “Yes this is Starling. I need to know what is going on? Do they need me?” I asked as I heard another voice. “No Starling stay away I don’t need you here, they ambushed us, they knew about our plan. So stay there and make sure the others you have don’t come anywhere near.” My brother said as I scoffed but knew deep down he was right. “How many?” I asked back over knowing the others would want to know. “Multiple. Multiple injuries, Hawkman, Dr.Fate, Flash, Green Lantern, Sandman, many others.” He said as I gasped and dropped the walkie talkie knowing that Hawkgirl, and Troia needed to know as I heard Veronica calling for me. 

“Starman, Sylvester.” Pat said as I knew I should go and help them but my team needed my assistance as I ran back over across the hallways back to the control room with a broadcast from the signals around the area of Star City as we were using the Arrow’s lair instead of our own back in Blue Valley, Nebraska.