ten.

Ten.
"Remembering someone is harder when their family."

― DROPPING CLOTHES AND THE SHOCK ON BARBARA'S FACE I KNEW WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE HER MORE THAN ANGRY AND SHOCKED

― DROPPING CLOTHES AND THE SHOCK ON BARBARA'S FACE I KNEW WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE HER MORE THAN ANGRY AND SHOCKED. Once the staff dropped and I put my club down I could tell this wasn't going to be good. When my father started explaining, Courtney continued to try to make up yet another excuse. And a broom from Sharper image; seriously Courtney. I looked at my father knowing that he was going to tell the full truth, and I hope that Barbara will still accept me. But looking at the moment I shouldn't be worried about that.

"Fine. It's not a broom. It's dad's." Courtney said, "It's Starman's." My father said as I knew this was going to be the worst time to tell her, including with all the fighting between the two. "What?" Barbara asked, "Would you just please let me explain..." He told Courtney as she intupped, "Dad was a superhero and now I'm a superhero, too." Courtney said as my father couldn't agree with it as I shook my head knowing that this was going to be bad. "What that is---" He started. "Jordan Mahkent killed my father." Courtney said as my eyes went wide and I looked at her, "Courtney." I yelled for everyone to hear. "What is she talking about?" Barbara asked as I shook my head knowing we all were in for what was coming next from Barbara.

"All right. Just....let me start from the beginning." He told her as we started the long story, and involved the pictures in his trunks. As Barbara was starting to look at the photos and even Stripesy and then STRIPE now. And then I listened to her not believing 100% of her boss being Iceman. "Icicle." Courtney told her as it wasn't any better than telling her it was her boss. "And he's behind everything bad going on in Blue Valley." Courtney starts saying as I'm shaking my head knowing that this is only going to go downhill from here. "He killed dad." She continued for the twelfth time tonight. "Your dad, who was Starman?" Barbara asked as none of us knew if Sylvester was her father. And then we started listening to her explain how he filled our heads with this nonsense.

"Pat didn't do anything, neither did Kyra." She defended us as I smiled knowing that Courtney cared for us deep down now even if she wasn't going to admit it. "The staff chose me." Courtney said as her mother wasn't believing it. "Courtney. Go upstairs, you too Kyra." Barbara started as I looked at my father and headed upstairs before this problem would get any worse. As I watched Courtney come up with a sadden expression as I knew her mother was mad at her. As I headed up to my room I could hear the basement door open and then it was heading upstairs as I looked out my door peeking out to see Mike also looking out as we saw our father, and I knew Barbara didn't want him here.

Still watching as Mike walked downstairs to go get something to eat, I snuck out to go check on Mike until we saw our father walk down and I looked at him as he told us to go upstairs and get a goodnight sleep. As Pat put his hand on Mike. Seeing that he had to truly leave due to lying to Barbara, and then not telling her after Courtney got hurt. He sat down on the stairwell, "Wait, uh...Are you guys going to get a divorce?" Mike asked as I could see our father's reaction...he didn't know. "I hope not." He tells us. "I'll come with you." Mike told him as I looked at him too, "No it's okay." My father started. "Come on. You're my dad. I'll come with you." Mike told him as my father let him go with him as Mike ran upstairs to grab a bag and pack some of his clothes.