Indifference to torture 

A/N sorry I dint post last week I was doing a online theater production.
⚠️ Trigger Waring "torture"⚠️

"Happy birthday" Roseara said
"Wah" she had just come into my room in what seems to be the middle of the night.
"It's April third you said that April third was your birthday or did I miss hear"
"No you heard right but why are you hear in the middle of the night"
"Well you see I'm really annoying and I decided to wake you up at the exact time you turn 10"
" 10 wow I'm 10 have I really been here for 3 years"
"Yup"
"So did you really just wake me up to say Happy birthday"
"No I came in heat to give you these"
Behind her was about 10 presents wrapped in gold wrapping paper"
"These better not all be from you"

"You and I both know no one else in this bunker cares about birthdays now open them"
"Ok ok ok"
I opened the first package and nearly jumped up from glee I was holding a brand new copy of the lost hero the frost book in the hero's of Olympus series I had wanted one form months but hadn't gotten around to it yet
"Thank you I love these books"
"I know you hardly ever shut up about them"
I proceeded to open the next 8 presents in a daze of excitement a mint candle, kitten mug, a Panic! At the disco t-shirt, a white Journal with the words "How to survive living with psychos" on it I laughed at that,
Trouble the board game, a really furry bean bag, polaroid, bath bombs. And lastly was a big box warped in the same gold paper but with a Lacy now on it. I tour it open and say the most beautiful bow and arrows I had ever seen. it was a white bow with intricate gold details set into it the arrows wear Standard but the bow you could just tell it was powerful.
" Roseara t-thank"
"Yeah I know how much you love shooting"
She gave me a big hug said goodnight and went back to her room I drifted into the happiest sleep I had had in a long time.

I awoke to my door opening a looked up and saw geth—- my dad
"Hi dad -what is that your holding"
"Oh this is a cake well cupcake chocolate"
"Why"
"Well it is your birthday right"
"You've never cared about that before"
Actually I did but you never brought up when your birthday was but it's also an apology"
"Apology?"
"Yean from me Gisela and Ruy"
His eyes lighted up slightly at the mention of Ruy weird.
He started rambling " yeah ummm so there's this thing we make all the people on the inner circle of the neverseen do and we all agreed you should be exempt because your a kid but.. Fintan well it's no secret that he's a psychopath I mean we're not good people but we're not psychopaths, but anyway all-of the people who follow him joined together and insisted that you do it. We are all willing to sneak you out but if you do you can never come back."

"well you haven't told me what the thing is if you want me to leave I assume it's bad but I mean how am I to decide if I don't know what it is"
"Torture indifference"
"What's that"
"You choose a random bit of information say a number or a word and they torture you to see if you break we do this once a year hurts like crazy and you never really get used to it but you learn not to break"

I was in tears and shaking "that's terrible"

"I know so I'm guessing that you want to run"

" we're you ever going to give me a choice"

"Well no but I would feel bad saying that come on let's get you out of here"
I had just stood up and grabbed my bag when the door opened and there was Fintan and his followers

" oh Gethen preparing yourself daughter I hope"
" your not taking her anywhere"

"Oh but I am"
and with that the room filled with gas and the world faded to black

~~~~⚠️⚠️⚠️TORTURE⚠️⚠️⚠️~~~~
I woke up strapped to a chair. My mind started racing I was looking all over the place for something anything to cut these bunds and defend my self but there was nothing. Out of the shadows stepped a slightly eager looking Fintan.
"Pick a phrase Sophie Elizabeth"
"What"
"Pick a phrase or number and try your very best not to tell me. The quicker you break the less pain meds you'll get as well as other punishment or restrictions."
You thought for a moment before settling on the number 46
"Ok I'm ready"
"Very well"
He pulled out what looked like a very dull and possibly rusty steak knife
"Tell me the phrase Sophie"
He dragged the knife in a diagonal line half way across my torso. I lasted about twenty minutes there are small nicks all over my torso bruises on my face and body from being beat. Each time I would scream he would call me week or worthless but when I broke was when he water boarded me and I scream 46 at the top of my lungs I maid it to the healing center then passed out.
~~~~✅✅✅were good✅✅✅~~~~

I woke up to 5 faces staring down at me. A random healer, a very relieved Gethen accompanied by an equally relived Ruy, Roseara who was practically bouncing off the walls and lastly a dare I say relived Lady Gisela. That last one confused me.
Ruy was the first to notice I was awake.
About .3 seconds after he pointed it out was I hounded by people asking questions.
"Are you ok"
"What happens I could have sworn our plan to get you out was fool Proof"
"What did he do"
I answered there question then asked my own
"Why am I not in pain I thought there was no pain meds if you fail"
Lady Gisela answered that own
"We overlooked that rule because you shouldn't have had to go through that in the first place"
"Ok"
" why is that even a training course that exists"
"It's reserved for adults before we let them know our most top secret projects and plans. you learned of most of them with no training shortly after you arrived, so that you would calm down and feel less like a prisoner. that accompanied with your habit to snoop Fintan thought you should have the same training in case you got captured we objected even a couple more years would have been great but he wouldn't listen."
That was a lot to take in
"Let's just forget about this for tonight"
"Ok"
I spent the rest of the night chatting and eating and trying to forget.

A/n keep in mind she's 10 when this happens and it's her birthday so I didn't wanna do graphic torture I mean she took more than most kids could. also should I continue this story if I do I know I'm going to include keefe and Tam ( and everyone by the end but mainly keefe and tam)
Is there anyone else I should make a regular