The Ultimate Hope?

Another meme I made? Uh, YeS sIr.
Also, thank you for 2k reads on my story! I'm proud 😭 . Sorry this was late, I'm putting together a desk for my room (and starting to do cosplay)......anyways so-
——————————————————
*days after the incident...*

"Shuichi, I just really hope you and your class is doing okay..." Kaede tells me as I push her lightly on a swing.

There was nothing else to do. We haven't had class in several days, I started to stay indoors a lot more, and worse of all....a few of our friends were still recovering from what happened days prior. The 'Symbol of Peace' that was adored all over the world had just retired due to not being able to use his quirk for a little over 5 seconds.

Honestly, everyone felt unsafe. Afraid villains will become more braver to attack anything in their path now that the #1 hero has retired. The good news is that I overheard one of the pro heroes talking about that All Might's successor goes to this very school.

That's when I become curious.

Yes, I was happy that someone could now take on the role of All Might and become the 'Symbol of Peace' this world needs, but I wanted to know who could that person be.

For the past days that have been flying by like a breeze, I've been trying to figure out who that could be. I wrote down all the names of students that go to this school, that I could at least talk to, and started from there. I learned their quirks and which quirk was the most similar to All Mights. I mean, usually successors take after their Sensei's.

I was down to only three people who could be the successor. Kirishima, Shoji, or Midoriya. I was going to find out tonight whether I'm prepared or not.

"Oh, I'm doing fine. I made sure Bakugo and Nagito were comfortable, even though Bakugo kept telling me to go away, I'm sure they're doing good." I tell her as she turns her head around to look at me.

"That's great! I've just been trying to get away from Miu these past few days since she kept on wanting me to bow down to her or something." Kaede tells me as we both laugh a bit.

As our laughs die down, we both stop talking. It was like, neither of us wanted to disturb the peacefulness of the park we were in. The birds chirped in sync as it seemed like they were talking to each other, the trees waved in the sky as the light breeze pushed them side to side, and then there was us. It was almost like even the smallest move we made disturbed the peace that was created.

".....Kaede, do you really think we can finally be happy in this new world?"

"Of course, Shuichi. If miracles are real, then I'm sure it's possible if you just believe in yourself."

"Then what if you don't believe in yourself?"

"Then...you most likely will just give up. That's why, I don't want you to be a quitter..."

"I've said this before and I'll say it again, fight for what you believe in even if it may be wrong." Kaede finishes as she stops the swing I was pushing for her.

"Kaede?" I ask confusedly as she hops off the swing and stretches.

"C'mon, lets head over to the ice cream shop. I'm starving." Kaede admits as she look backs at me and smiles.

I nervously laugh as she walks up to me. She looked a bit nervous too as she set a hand on my shoulder.

"Is something bothering you, Shuichi? You've been acting kinda strange."

"Yeah, I'm okay. These days have been just a bit overwhelming." I tell Kaede as she smiles again.

"Anyway, lets get that ice cream you were talking about this whole time." I tell Kaede as we walk together out of the park....