Who....was that?

I'm going through a rough time in my life right now, but you guys (as readers) say the funniest shit in the comments. I'm doing pretty better now that the person who was making me feel like shit has reconciled with me. Anyway, enough about me, sorry about the wait for this chapter.

Thank you for 11k readers on this story! We've been through a long 7 months to make it here so...thank you again!
——————————————————
"Shuichi." There was a harsh, dark voice behind me as I almost jump.

It was Ryoma. He told me to meet him at this specific coffee shop because he wanted to talk to me about something. It was very strange for someone like him to want to talk to me alone. He would usually invite someone along, but it's different.

There must be something bothering him.

"Ah! Ryoma." I say unintentionally.

"You sounded surprised, did you forget I was coming?" Ryoma asks me as I shake my head.

"That's not it. There's just, this weird feeling in the back of my head." I continue as we enter the small, but lively, coffee shop.

"I'm sure what you need to tell me is important."

"It is." Ryoma says in almost deep thought as my thoughts come to a halt.

"I thought this was...a coffee shop...." I say with an almost unimpressed look as I let out a sigh.

It was....a cat cafe.

'I really wasn't expecting this.' I say in my head as I look around at all of the fuzzy cats that surrounded us.

There were cats of numerous breeds here. They ranged from British Shorthairs to ragdoll to Siberian cat breeds (I know my cat breeds). Most were kittens while few were adult cats due to the popularity in small cute kittens.

"Since we've known each other for awhile now, I'll let you in on something. I really like cats." Ryoma says as my eyes widen.

Don't tell me...that was the important thing Ryoma wanted to tell me.

"You can tell whoever, I don't really care."

"Is this it...?"

"What? Not a fan of cats?"

"No! Not that! I mean, the really important thing you brought me here for because you trust me not to tell anyone?"

"We didn't really talk so I don't know how you thought 'this was it'. Anyway, let's sit down." Ryoma says as he quickly drags me over towards some of the comfortable and plush chairs.

I finally got a good idea of this place. The air was just about perfect, maybe just a little on the hot side, but it's cold outside so it's even better. The cats were as calm as ever as they trotted around the building, pride in each step they took. The windows were glossy as if they have just been cleaned, and the toys for the cats looked brand new as some people played with the little kittens.

All in all, this place was Ryoma's dream place if he really liked cats.

"The Izuru guy that came hear a few days ago, he's the one I wanted to talk to you about." Ryoma says as he looks around to make sure no one was paying attention to them.

'I see...that's why he brought us to this place. He wanted the mood in our conversation to not be too tense. Ryoma could be blunt sometimes and really pessimistic to the point it scared some people, but it looks like he took that into consideration and decided to take a much more cool approach.' I say in my head as I try to think of reasons why he wants to talk about him.