1.9

THURSDAY
2:34PM

KANPO'S POV

i had just gone back to work after my lunch break. i was organizing packages and handling refunds and returns with clothes when i got a call.

"kanpo, theres someone on the line for you." my coworker yunjee said, popping her head into the room.

"who is it?" i asked as i put down a package and walked out to meet her in her office.

"he didn't say." she handed me the phone and i grabbed it reluctantly and put it against my ear.

"hello?"

"yo it's jackson."

i was taken aback, "jackson who?"

"girl who else? jackson wang of course, your best friend in the whole world." he said with a very frank attitude.

i smiled to myself, "why'd you call my work? you could've just texted me or something."

"i knew you wouldn't answer right away so this was kind of my last resort. anyways i'm calling to warn you." his tone became worried.

i flinched slightly, yunjee gave me a look.

"warn me?"

"yeah, see there's a picture going around of you and gyeom, gyeom doesn't have the balls to tell you cus he knows beom will be pissed. just, cover up your face a lot, do not give your personal info out to anyone."

"well isn't the info part just common sense? and what photo? why would jaebeom be mad?"

"it's a photo of you two from yesterday, it's spreading pretty fast, thankfully your face isn't that visible. however, jaebeom would be pissed, and will be pissed because he told gyeom to be careful. even then, gyeom was reckless."

i shook my head, "god, he's into pda a lot, this is partly my fault i'm sorry."

"don't be, gyeom knows better. besides, you didn't start the kiss."

"how do you know that?"

"i saw in the photos."

"photos? i thought there was only one?"

"did i say photo?"

"yes."

"oh well, it's two photos, one of him leaning in to kiss you and the other one is him actually kissing you." he sighed.

"oh my god."

"sorry kanpo, be safe alright? text us if anything."

"i will, bye jackson." i hung up the phone and leaned against the office desk and sighed.

"what happened?" yunjee asked.

i shook my head, "it's nothing."

i left her office and went back to the package room.

i sorted out clothes, and stamped packages and rearranged boxes and more clothes.

as i did so, i thought of yesterday.

how easy it had been for us to slip up.

we had just finished eating lunch.

we were outside in between an alley and we made out there for a moment.

then we decided to stop because of dispatch and other reasons.

and then we stopped by a few stores and looked at clothes and jewelry. gyeom had even offered to buy me something, which i declined.

we were outside of a candle store.

he stinked of vanilla and cinnamon and i was teasing him about how unbearably sweet he smelled.

he'd kept getting close to me and forcing me to smell him out of revenge. we laughed at how ridiculous we felt, cringing at the smells.

and then he came closer to my face and i flinched away and pulled back, knowing what could happen.

but gyeom was persistent, he had smiled mischievously, "come here,"

i had shook my head laughing, "never."

he pulled me in by my waist and kissed me long and slow. it was a good kiss. i guess we were so caught up in our antics that we hadn't noticed the clicking cameras only a few feet away.

god we're so careless.

i shook my head and went back to organizing.

the rest of the day, i replayed the scene from yesterday in my head, wondering how i had missed the photographer.

later when i got home i googled gyeom's name and the photo.

there we were, plain as day, my face wasn't visible but gyeom's sure as hell was.

you could tell we were kissing and not just hugging with our faces close together.

i'd have to talk to gyeom about it soon