f i v e

mark sloan had always been a close friend of the miller's, especially farah

mark sloan had always been a close friend of the miller's, especially farah. so it was no surprise when he travelled from new york down to seattle to see how she was going- also he was filling in a couple of jobs for the chief. farah was in the locker room, chatting with the other interns when she watched izzie, cristina and meredith's jaws drop- and she swore she even saw george's drop as well. "what?" farah questioned, before turning around. she saw none other than mark sloan. "little miller, hows it going?" he said, opening his arms for a hug, which farah accepted. "lets go for a walk," farah said. "so, there's this guy." farah begin. "there's a guy? you're cheating on me?" mark joked, faking hurt. mark and her had always had this fake flirt banter. farah let out a laugh, "well, one of my friends slept with him and she was kind of dating him and then his wife showed up and now there relationship is a mess but i don't know where he stands with me." farah ranted. mark turned to her, a shocked look apparent on his features. "i'm sorry, who is this doctor?" he questioned. "um. derek shepherd." farah awkwardly commented.

mark's eyes widened, "you realise that's my derek right? like my best friend derek?" mark responded. "oh fiddlesticks, you're going to tell him." farah stated. "well, we're not on talking terms at the current time." mark replied with a shrug. farah then saw derek coming up to them, an angry look clear on his features. he punched sloan. "woah woah, derek, off mark." farah said, standing in between then. derek frowned at the use of mark's first name. "how do you two know each other?" derek questioned, "well, she's the miller's daughter that i'm friends with." mark stated with a shrug. derek rolled his eyes, "why can i not escape mark sloan?" he mumbled as he wandered off. "anyway, mark, i better head back to my job and i think you better do yours." farah stated, patting him on the shoulder as she headed past him to start rounds.

as farah was collecting her boards from the desk, she saw a familiar red head come up beside her, "hey farah... is it true mark is here?" addison questioned. "uh um, yes? nice to see you too addison." farah remarked before walking off to do rounds. farah had a kidney transplant surgery today but other than that, there was not much planned. she spotted none other than dr alex karev coming up beside her, "hey farah," he greeted. "hey alex, what do you want?" she questioned. "to take you out tonight." alex forwardly commented, causing farah to stop in her tracks and turn to him. "you want to take me out where?" farah questioned. "well... i was hoping just something simple like joes but we can do something else if that's not what you wanna do i mean-" alex rambled, farah let him for a second, finding it funny. "alex, joe's is fine. pick me up from mer's at about 7?" she commented, giving a smirk before she walked off.

soon, mark sloan was over her shoulder. "that was second hand embarrassment right there," mark remarked. "what do you mean?" farah questioned. "the way karev turned into a rambling mess because you looked him in the eyes." mark stated, causing farah to laugh. "well, mark, not every man is as much as a manwhore as you." farah said, patting him on the head to annoy him before heading to her kidney transplant. one of the other attendings was running the surgery, not one she had a lot of experience with. but he seemed tired, and george had told her how he could smell alcohol reeking off of him. "excuse me, doctor?" farah questioned. the doctor turned to farah, "you're hear to observe, missy." he remarked. "it's dr miller, sir. but i believe that isn't the kidney." she corrected. "no, it's the kidney, missy." he continued. "sir, that is the liver." farah continued. dr bailey then poked her head over, "oh my god. sir, that is the liver." dr bailey remarked. bailey then whispered to farah to page richard, as this doctor was not listening.

soon, richard arrived and kicked the surgeon out of the room. "so, dr miller, you wanna have a go at a kidney transplant? not it all, just some parts." richard offered. of course, farah accepted. richard and farah delivered a perfect kidney transplant- after correcting the other surgeons mistake.

dr burke approached farah when she left the room, "hey i heard you called out an attending and you were correct. great job, miller." burke complimented. farah gave a laugh, "thanks burke." farah then ran off to tell izzie. "izzie guess what i did!" farah exclaimed, which got the attention of all the other interns as well. "what?" izzie questioned, a bright smile across her features. "a kidney transplant, with the help of richard but-" farah was then cut off by yang, "see, she's the favourite because she's james miller's daughter." cristina remarked, rolling her eyes as she stormed past.

farah's jaw dropped, how did they know? "how do you guys know?" farah asked izzie. "uhm, mcdreamy told mer and mer told cristina." izzie explained. farah nodded her head, "thanks iz," she then took off in search of derek shepherd. when farah came across derek shepherd, which was funnily enough in the elevator. she stopped the elevator, which caused derek to turn to her and give the miller and questioning look. "why would you tell them about my family?" she questioned, slightly raising her voice. "i didn't think it was a secret," derek remarked. "well, now cristina's pissed because she thinks i'm the favourite and i'm pretty sure the others, minus izzie, are too. so thank you so much for making my non existent relationship with my parents such a big deal to my escape from them!" farah ranted, causing derek's eyes to widen. she pressed the button again on the elevator, causing it to continue to their destination. "i'm sorry farah, i had no idea." derek commented. farah then stormed away from the man.

later on, farah sat across from alex at joe's, a drink in her hand as she listened to him go on about a funny encounter he had today, by the end of the night, farah felt like alex could be good for her. he could help her get over derek.