e i g h t

farah's family was still lurking around seattle, but farah was often trying to avoid her parents- though she had some coffee dates with finley and emerson

farah's family was still lurking around seattle, but farah was often trying to avoid her parents- though she had some coffee dates with finley and emerson. upon arrival at the hospital, farah was demanded by cristina to under no circumstances get assigned into a single surgery today, which she tried to do- and managed to do so successfully. as meredith, izzie, cristina and farah all walked down the hallway, they came to the door. both meredith and farah looked at each other weird, they were clearly the both uninformed ones. "what are we doing?" farah piped up. izzie turned to them, "we found a case." she said, seeming to be trying to contain her excitement.

"so.. you stole a case?" meredith asked. cristina shook her head, "more like borrowed from psych. okay, the prelims on this thing is totally unprecedented." cristina informed. "and, we found it." izzie said, a bright smile across her face. farah tilted her head, "well actually... you stole it." farah corrected, meredith nodding in agreement. "found. stole. hijacked. whatever. okay, meredith, farah, begins this door is the coolest medical mystery i have ever seen." cristina said, izzie still having a bright smile across her face. "now, you can either walk away guilt free.."
cristina begin, "or walk through this door, risk your place in the program which could possibly lead to spending the rest of your life serving fries in bad clothing." cristina continued, meredith and farah looked at each other before izzie asked, "so are you in?" meredith and farah then looked back at the other two, "hell yeah."

izzie entered the room, giving a knock on the door as she did so. "mr. herman." cristina greeted. the patient was unable to be viewed due to the cover of a curtain. "oh, please call me shane." the patient replied, sitting on the bed, edging his way across slowly with his back to the girls. "it's just a guy," farah whispered. "wait for it," cristina replied. "wait." izzie added. "i sure am glad to be off that psych floor." shane said to the girls.
"what's so special?" meredith questioned. "wait for it," cristina muttered.

shane then begin to stand up, he seemed to have a hard time. farah was confused, what was going on with this patient? "i'm not nuts... i'm just pregnant." shane said as he headed to the bathroom. meredith and farah gave each other stunned and excited looks.

soon, they were helping shane into his bed. "i was fine and then last month, huge belly. my doctor just kept telling me i was gaining weight with my wife. she's due on the 30th. it's her first." shane added. farah begin to check out the patients stomach, gently putting her stethoscope to it. "congratulations," meredith said to shane. "feel that?" cristina asked farah as farah and her prodded around shane's belly. "it's not fluid, there's something in there..."

meredith begin to examine shane after the other three had a poke around, "can you tell us what precipitated psychotic episode that got you admitted to the hospital?" shane looked somewhat offended by her question, "it wasn't an episode, ok? and i'm not psychotic. i am pregnant! i mean wouldn't, wouldn't you freak out if you were me?" shane then turned to his wife, "honey did you bring it?" tina nodded, "oh good." he then begin to rummage through a brown paper bag. raj, a psych intern, entered the room. "that's my patient!" "uh oh" izzie said. "yeah well, he's ours now. and if you want to fight me for it, i'll guarantee you, i'll win." cristina threatens. shane has a stick and dips it into the urine jar, bailey had entered the room at some point during the commotion. "now, what is going on in here?" bailey quizzed her interns. cristina looked at bailey, not seeming too phased. "dr bailey, look at his abdomen." cristina suggested. raj rushed over, "it's a male hysterical pregnancy, it's a psych case." raj informed the surgical team.

"Guys! shane took a pregnancy test and it's positive!" izzie informed the other doctors, farah's eyes widening as she looked at the stick. "well, he's definitely a surgical patient now.." bailey informed raj. addison came in, "mr herman, i can assure you, you are not pregnant." addison informed the man. "oh that's a relief! but why is the pregnancy test positive?" shane questioned. "that's what we're going to find out.. uh, miller, shotgun work up, including tumour markers. and get ct to make some room for us in line."

soon, farah and izzie took shane to ct. the ct tech was going on about some bet, "the guys and I were taking bets on who would get to scan this dude." the ct person started, "beers are on me tonight. next up the wager on what this thing is." they continued. farah turned to the woman, "you're taking bets?" she questioned. "on what's inside his belly. you want in? 10 bucks." the tech women offered. izzie shrugged, "well we know its not fat, fluid or fetus, so.." the team then peered up close to the scanned images coming up onto the screen. "jeez," the woman commented. "are those teeth?" farah questioned. izzie smiled, "cristina is going to be so mad she missed this." it was a teratoma.

"hey, dr miller? don't let them show it off. you know, put it in a jar, pass it around or nothing." shane started. "your teratoma?" farah questioned. "yeah.. i just feel weird about having my insides on display like that.. you promise?" shane replied. "i promise." farah agreed. sooner rather than later, richard, bailey, cristina and izzie were removing the teratoma from shane's stomach. the gallery was currently crowded with people, taking photos and watching. "you really want to be the one to dispose of this, miller?" bailey questioned. "i made a promise." farah answered. and she did, dispose of the teratoma.

on her way out of shane's room, derek shepherd made his way towards her. "how's it going?" he questioned. "good, other than the millers hanging around. you?" farah questioned. "good." he mocked. "no really, how are you?" he questioned again, "i feel like they're watching my every move, like i'm constantly being judged or breaking the law." farah said, running a hand through her brown hair. derek nodded his head, pulling the girl into a hug. meredith saw, and she was starting to question farah and derek's work relationship.