f i f t e e n

farah miller sat at the breakfast table, meredith grey glared at her across from it

farah miller sat at the breakfast table, meredith grey glared at her across from it. farah gave an uneasy look. "meredith, what's wrong?" farah questioned. "you're going on a date with my mcdreamy." meredith states. george and izzie both share a look. "um, i thought it would be okay considering you're dating the vet and all." farah awkwardly replied. "could've asked permission first, farah." meredith replied. "sorry, mer." farah softly said.

farah got up and placed her plate in the dishwasher. farah then grabbed her bag from upstairs and headed to work. farah changed into her scrubs. she then went on a search for the plastic surgeon. farah found mark talking to derek, she had forgotten they were becoming friends again. "mark, can we talk?" farah awkwardly asked. derek gave the intern a concerned look. "yeah sure farah. i'll find you later derek." mark replied as the two walked off together.

the best friends found themselves on the cat walk of seattle grace hospital. farah explained how derek asked her on a date, meredith was pissed, and they also had a small discussion about the man blowing up in front of her. "jeez, shepherd is causing trouble for you." mark sarcastically commented. "but, what should i do about meredith?" farah questioned. mark shrugged, "move out and move on?" mark suggested, "you're welcome to come stay with me." mark added. "meredith's my friend, i don't want to just ditch her for the guy. but i'll think about the moving in part." farah replied with a shrug before heading off to do rounds.

as farah was finding her resident, george approached her. "callie and i got married, in vegas." george remarked. "congratulations george, that's great," farah then turned to face the man, seeing he seemed upset. "isn't it?" farah questioned. "yes. but, i'm not sure if i did the right thing." george said quietly. "do you love callie?" farah questioned. "yes," george replied. "then, you did the right thing. maybe you rushed it but that's okay, a lot of people do." farah replied before spotting cristina and running over.

as farah reached cristina, she saw meredith there too. farah decided to be the grown up and greet them, "hey," farah said. "hey," cristina replied. they were listening to burke and derek's conversation. "ah we have an organ donor coming in this afternoon from wilkerson general. we're doing a harvest." burke replied. derek looked confused, "commendable, but?" derek questioned. "in o.r one at four." burke added. the interns stood at the elevator, waiting whilst listening to the free entertainment. "i'm in o.r one at four." derek state's. "your surgery is non-critical." burke answered. "you can't bump me!" derek remarked. "as chief, i can." burke replied. "interim chief." derek mumbled.

as the elevator opens, the interns make there way inside. "mines bigger than yours." cristina mocked the attendings. "whip it out, i'll measure." alex remarked beside her. "shut up, alex." cristina replied,

"miller, stevens, karev. ambulance bay, now." dr bailey demanded. the interns bolted off towards the ambulance bay. the paramedics unloaded the father from the car accident. "male, forty-six, unrestrained driver of the car that jumped lanes, b.p 80 over palp. tachycardic, last pulse 1:38. he received two litres of l.r running wide open. significant abdominal tenderness." the paramedic reported. dr bailey nodded, "any history?" bailey asked. "uh, wife said he's got a bad liver. he's on the, ah, transplant list." the medic continued.

bailey assessed the driver quickly, "abdomen is rigid. okay, hands off. someone page burke and domner. prep this guy for the o.r. who wants him?" bailey questioned. "i do!" "i do!" "i do, i do." three interns exclaimed at once. dr bailey shook her head, "stevens, he's all yours. miller, you can have the take the mum. karev, you take the boy." dr bailey instructed. the interns then rushed off. farah walked beside the gurney. "what's your name miss?" farah questioned. "lea," the woman replied. farah and the nurses moved her into a trauma room.

"my husband bob, is a really good driver." lea defended. "i'm sure he is. what happened?" farah asked. "i, uh, think he saw something in the middle of the road and swerved to avoid it." lea told farah. farah nodded, she suspected something wasn't quite right with this family. "right, could you give the police a statement later?" farah asked, lea gulped and gave a small nod.

"do the surgeon's know that bob has a bad liver?" lea questioned. farah replied with a nod, "they know, don't worry lea." farah added. "how's scotty?" lea questioned. "your son is in the next room getting x-rays." farah told the woman.
Lea: Do the surgeon's know that Bob has a bad liver?

"okay, lea, i'm just going to gently roll you over." farah said softly. lea nodded, cristina begin to roll the woman. cristina noticed a large bruise covering the woman's back. "oh, this looks pretty bad. how did you get this?" farah questions. "well... we hit the other car quite hard." lea replied. "i don't believe this is from the collision. it looks a couple of weeks old." farah told lea, with no reply.

farah paged dr bailey, she suspected a kidney bleed and had already got the scans. "she said it's from the crash, i think it's domestic violence." farah told the general surgeon. "right, yeah, what does this look like to you?" dr bailey questioned. "kidney bleed? looks like it'll heal on its own though." farah replied. dr bailey nodded, "that's correct. now, call the right authorities to help this woman." dr bailey told her. farah nodded, agreeing on the fact they should do so.

derek shepherd approached farah, "hey so, about that date?" derek questioned. "yes?" farah replied. "i've been pulled into an emergency surgery, but, tomorrow sound good to you?" derek asked. farah gave a nod, "sure does, 7pm?" farah asked. derek nodded and then took off running down the halls, towards the operating room.