t h i r t e e n

farah stood in the viewing room with mr

farah stood in the viewing room with mr. martin's charts. the ct guy sat at the computer, she heard derek entering the room. farah handed derek the charts. "robert martin, forty-five, collapsed and hit his head, causing a small subdural hemorrhage. he also presents with uncontrolled hand movement and delirium. robert's alcohol and tox screens were negative but his sodium levels stand at 112." farah explained. derek nodded, "a little too low for my taste." derek replied.

the patient begin to call out from inside the ct machine, "hey! hey! I'm still waiting on that drink, are you the stewardess?" he questioned. farah and derek laughed. "we're, we're called flight attendants now." he replied, farah chuckled. "hey! hey!" robert called out again. the scans showed up on the screens, derek pointed to the scan of mr. martin's brain. "there it is right there. it's on his pituitary. it's a rathke's cleft cyst right there." derek explained. "so, he's hyponatremic?" farah asked. "yep,"

"excessive thirst is a common side effect. the water is what's been screwing with his sodium level." farah commented. "that's what's causing his delirium. so, how do you, ah, treat hyponatremia?" derek questioned. farah thought for a short moment, "3% hypertonic saline solution IV. 300ccs over three hours." farah answered. derek handed back the chart, "good job miller, get him back to his room. call me when he stabilises."

robert martin sat on his patient room bed, he was surrounded by various files and many bottles of water. doyle, his assistant, sat in the room looking over the files. farah sat, overlooking robert's chart. "you heard from the sellers agent?" robert questions doyle, "i've been calling all morning." doyle replied. farah lifted her head when she heard derek walking into the room.

"ah, mr. martin. it's good to see you on solid ground. i'm dr. shepherd." derek introduced with a smile. "my assistant doyle says i passed out and hit my head," robert then gestured to farah, "this girl says some kinda cyst. i want you to say when i get out of here."
robert demanded. "a rathke's cleft cyst." farah corrected. "whatever," robert answered.

"it's a congenital tumour on your pituitary." derek answered. "it is treatable, right?" robert questions. "you're gonna need surgery. see, i'm gonna use an endonasal approach." derek explained. "endonasal?" robert questioned. "yes," farah replied. "you're going to pull it out through my nose?" robert requestioned. derek nodded, robert then turned to doyle, "look him up, check his credentials." Doyle nodded.

farah and derek then left the room, "hey, how are you doing after the incident?" derek questioned. "i'm fine, derek." farah responded. "you sure?" derek asked again as they headed towards the elevator. "yes, i am. so, how is the meredith and addison drama going?" farah questioned. "addison and i got a divorce, and meredith is dating a veterinarian." derek replied. "oh, geez, um, i'm so sorry derek." farah said, opening her arms for a hug. derek accepted. "it's fine, wasn't meant to be." the neurosurgeon smiled into the comforting hug.

farah sat in the room with the other interns as they watched the quints. "i have the best quint, lucy, she just smiled at me." george commented, smiling back at lucy. "george, she's nine hours old." izzie commented. farah pouted, "i want a quint." farah commented. "well, there's five babies here." george cheekily commented. "though, mine is the most advanced one." george added. "charlotte's smart. she's got wrinkles on her forehead. very serious," meredith commented. "hey hey, julie has her organs on the outside of her body and she's still alive. thank you." cristina said, "yeah, cristina wins." farah said with a shrug.

alex entered the room, "kate is the best one," he then spotted izzie, "izzie." he gently commented. "leave," izzie demanded. "can we please just talk?" alex asked. "you're too busy screwing nurses to talk. just get out." izzie demanded. alex looked down, "can someone make sure that kate's vitals remain stable?" alex asked. "i will," farah offered. alex nodded then exited the room.

"he is unbelievable. i'm so glad never properly got with him, which is his loss. you know, he only
got a taste of my bed skills. and i'm mind blowingly good." izzie ranted. "are you trying to seduce us?" farah questioned as she sat in front of kate. "and then, he sleeps with olivia instead of me. olivia." izzie said, adding an eye roll- clearly upset that when her and alex were on the verge of getting together he sleeps with a nurse. "um, i slept with olivia." george awkwardly piped up. "well, then you both have bad taste." izzie remarked.

"you can't say you weren't warned. alex has always been alex. you dodged a bullet, iz. you're better off without him." farah replied, meredith nodding in agreement. "why are you even surprised? you sleep with a snake, you get bit." cristina replied. izzie awkwardly smiled, "thanks guys, for the support." izzie answered. dr bailey then entered the room. "who's on call tonight?" bailey questioned. " i am," izzie replied. "alright, the rest of you, go home, sleep. all five quints are alive. it's a good day." bailey congratulated. farah then begin to leave, "oh dr miller, shep wanted to speak to you. he's probably in the on call room sleeping." bailey informed.

farah nodded, making her way towards the room. she twisted the door handle to reveal a sleeping derek shepherd. farah gently touched his shoulder, causing the man to stir and wake up. "bailey said you wanted to talk?" farah questioned. derek then suddenly properly woke up and jumped out of bed. "yes yes i did. i was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me? just at a small restaurant. nothing too fancy, but not joes." derek asked, beginning to become a rambling mess at the end.

farah smiled brightly at his question, "of course, text me the details?" farah questioned. "will do," derek shepherd replied.