t w e n t y o n e

four interns crowded around meredith's kitchen

four interns crowded around meredith's kitchen. meredith was absent from their group study, they assumed that it was because of susan's death. "how do you treat a pancreatic divisum?" cristina questioned. "cristina, if you're not going to let us sleep, please let us put coffee in our cups." farah commented, tiredly making coffee. "okay, so do it?" cristina said awkwardly. "i'm so tired." farah said softly, her eyes half closed. "pancreatic divisum farah, now." cristina instructed. "dorsal duct sphincterotomy." farah replied, sipping from her cup of coffee.

"i can't believe o'malley is missing this. how is he going to be ready?" alex asked. "you're kidding right?" cristina remarked, laughing at alex. "we may have callie's cards but george has callie." farah told alex, rubbing her eye tiredly. izzie then joined into the conversation, "what is the most frequent cause of diarrhoea in hospitalised patients?" izzie asked, before turning to cristina. "is she coming to the bachelorette thing?" izzie asked. "rotavirus. yes." cristina then came to the realisation, "no, no, no. uh, salmonella." cristina quickly corrected herself

"diarrhoea in hospitalised patients." alex reminded. meredith then entered the room, causing all heads to turn and look at the grey. "the most frequent cause of diarrhoea in hospitalised patients is clostridium difficile which can lead to toxic megacolon, perforation, sepsis and death. that's what killed susan." meredith answered. suddenly, the room became dark and gloomy- no one sure what to say. meredith then kept walking. izzie looked to meredith's best friend, "is she okay?" izzie questioned. "oh, she's fine." cristina replied.

soon, the interns filled the test room. farah found herself with meredith to her left and izzie to her right with george in front of her. they were roughly about halfway through the exam- farah assumed. farah had completed most of the exam, she was a little unsure in herself though. farah glanced over at george, seeing he seemed rather distracted, farah then looked at meredith- who had not written a single thing. the proctor looked over the room of interns before beginning to speak, "doctors, we are halfway through our allotted time. you only have 60 minutes left to complete the exam." they spoke. farah was on the last couple of pages already.

once the test was over, the interns found themselves surrounding the hall outside of the exam room. "meredith, meredith!" george called after the blonde-brown haired woman. meredith ignored george and continued to keep walking. "what's wrong george?" izzie questioned. "she didn't write anything on the test," farah assumed. george nodded, "she didn't answer a single question. she just sat there!" george said, it was quite obvious how passionate he was about them all passing together. george begin to walk off in the direction meredith had gone before cristina pulled him back to reality. "wait, g...george. just, just give her a second." cristina said.

farah, izzie, george and cristina all sat in the hallway, discussing meredith's test. "it's not like she actually flunked... she, she just didn't write anything.." izzie commented. george shrugged, "one guy two years ago, he was on call three nights before his test... he slept through the whole thing, had to repeat his intern year." george explained. "she can't repeat her intern year. we have to do something." farah remarked, the other interns nodded in agreement. "cristina," izzie commented. "what? o, okay... i don't know. i mean, meredith and i don't fail things. this is not in my book." cristina explained. then, all the interns pagers rang. "it's bailey, we gotta go." george said, getting up and heading off.

as they approached were bailey was, bailey begin to speak. "okay, it's, uh, show time people. yang, you're scrubbing in with dr. burke. karev and stevens, you're with montgomery. miller, go find dr. sloan." farah then headed off to find mark. on her search for the plastic surgeon, farah was approached by george o'malley. "farah, i need you to answer a question. honestly." george requested. "yeah sure, of course george." farah replied. "i want to move to mercy west, what do you think?" george questioned. farah's eyes widened. "well, seattle grace is the best in the country. so, i think you'd be crazy, but whatever you think is best for your career." farah told him. george nodded and headed off towards whatever he was doing.

farah continued on her search for mark, soon she found him in an o.r. farah scrubbed in and entered the room, "what can i do?" farah questioned. "tell me how intern exams went." mark asked, before turning his attention back to the frostbite victim. "they were alright, i think i might've passed." farah said softly. "wow, so much confidence." mark replied. callie torres then entered the o.r, "how's it going?" she questioned. "worse than i thought, there's nothing here." mark replied, shaking his head in disappointment. "we're gonna amputate both?" callie questioned. "you can't amputate both of his hands. isn't the left hand less damaged?" farah rushed, not wanting the man to wake up with two hands missing. "i don't want to take the mans hands, dr. miller. once the infection gets that deep, the only way to save his life is to make the cut." mark explained.

soon, a man had loss both hands and farah was strolling the hallway of seattle grace- looking for something to do. she spotted derek at the nurses station, the neurosurgeon turned his head to the girl. "hey, how'd you go?" derek asked. "i think i went good enough for a pass." farah said with a shrug. derek excitedly smiled, "that's great!" he exclaimed. "i better go look for surgeries or something to do." farah chuckled, walking away from the doctor she had grown to adore.

the interns crowded around the room, patricia entered. "moment of truth, people." the woman called out. "those our scores?" alex questioned. "grey, karev, yang." patricia handed them out. "stevens, miller, o'malley." patricia finished. "thank you," farah replied, the woman gave farah a small smile. "yes!" cristina called out. "right here, baby." alex said, staring at his result. "yes thank god. farah, did you pass?"

the end!

the next book to this series will be out soon! thank you all for the support and the funny comments along the way- it really makes a writers day haha. :)