"the more you cry, the more you'll suffer, you know? i don't have much patience for criers."

how strange it was to hear such deadly words delivered by such an angelic voice.

"jungkook, please," she sobbed, desperately trying to crawl away. "why are you doing this?" she choked on her tears.

"that's such a boring question," he sighed, fumbling through his victim's wallet and valuables. "i think you're quite a boring person, yerin." he held up the id card from the wallet and examined it.

yerin was a boring person. she worked at a failing law firm and went home to her broken apartment every day, only to drown her miseries away through knitting and reading.

the only remotely interesting change in her life was meeting a handsome boy named jungkook at a café the other day. he lured her in, enticing her with his winking smiles and sensual touches. he had displayed an interest in her nobody else did for years. and well, here they were.

he slowly followed behind yerin's weak attempts to crawl away and threw the empty wallet down at her quivering form.

"you know, i really thought i'd come out of this with more than 300 hundred dollars," he shook his head. "you're really disappointing me here, yerin."

examining her business card, he asked, "tell me, what's it like being a lawyer?"

yerin stammered, "i-i love my job."

"that's not what i asked."

yerin shook her head stubbornly, "it's my dream job."

"right, but it's not exactly as you dreamed it, is it?" he crouched down to look yerin in the eyes. "you graduated from yonsei university, did everything you were supposed to do, and yet here you are, barely scraping by at a failing law firm. your boss, seojoon — a total asshole by the way — he just snaps at you all day and tells you what to do. you weren't special in school and you aren't special now. you sit at your desk and you just...waste away."

"how do you—" they had only met two days ago.

"that's right yerin. i've been watching you. and as i said, i think you're quite a boring person. you agree, don't you?"

at that point, yerin was far too scared to form coherent sentences. she wailed painfully, hugging herself on the ground and crying desperate pleas for mercy.

with an impatient growl, he grabbed yerin by the throat and lifted her up. "that's enough of that, you pathetic crybaby."

"please jungkook," she gasped for air. "i don't want to die."

the statement rang throughout the empty alley like a song.

such a simple sentence, such a hollow meaning.

"oh yerin," he gripped her face and stared straight into those fearful brown eyes. "death is inevitable. it doesn't really care if you want it or not."

"please—"

"i'm doing you a favor, darling. seojoon surely won't miss you."

with a promising smile, he pulled out a knife and drew a line across yerin's neck until her pathetic cries were no more.

psycho | tkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara