surprisingly, killers like them didn't get along easily. they got off on taunts and threats, and neither of them appreciated it when the other made threats. besides sex and murder, there really wasn't much in common.

taehyung was controlling, and his biggest mistake was attempting to control someone who couldn't be tamed.

as their kill count went up, what little trust they had in each other went down.

taehyung rarely ever let jungkook play out his characters. he would end his performances early, a metaphorical murder jungkook didn't take lightly.

"i wasn't done," he growled, glaring down at the body they had just doomed.

taehyung barely acknowledged him, turning away to wipe the blood from his hands.

jungkook didn't like being ignored. screaming, he grabbed a nearby plate and threw it at the wall. "listen to me, you fucking asshole!"

"jungkook," taehyung grounded out, his eyes narrowed in anger. "what did i say about breaking my things?" he said through gritted teeth.

jungkook looked at him through equally burning eyes, unfazed by his tone. "let me guess, don't do it?"

"then tell me," taehyung fumed, "why do you keep fucking doing it?"

people like them had short fuses and once it was lit, there was no stopping it.

"oh," jungkook drawled. "you mean like this?" he knocked over a vase, one that was undoubtably worth thousands of dollars. he watched it fall, amused, before returning his attention to an angry taehyung.

"you're being childish," taehyung said with a darkened expression.

"rightfully so i think!" jungkook shouted. "did i not say i wasn't done?"

"oh, i'm sorry for ending playtime early," taehyung scoffed. "i don't see how it matters."

jungkook, in his fit of anger, balled up his fist and punched taehyung in the cheek. if he had his knife, he would've happily stabbed him. his characters were hardly playtime.

in one quick motion, taehyung retaliated by grabbing him by the neck and pushing him against the wall. he tightened his fist around jungkook's neck as the boy fought to get out of his grip.

"playing rough, are we?" jungkook choked out, still cocky even as he struggled to breathe.

"you hit me," taehyung stated angrily and stepped impossibly close. "why must you defy me?" he whispered, his eyes examining jungkook.

"because i can," jungkook wheezed.

as much as he wished he didn't, he loved that smart mouth of jungkook's. he momentarily forgot their argument and remembered how jungkook tasted as sweet as his lies.

loosening his grip on him by the slightest, he leaned in and captured his lips. he kissed him roughly as he held him, biting hard on his lips until he drew blood. the metallic taste of blood clashed with the sweet cherry of his chapstick, and it nearly drove taehyung insane.

just as he was about to get lost in the kiss, jungkook kneed him right in the crotch, sending him reeling back.

"fuck," taehyung groaned, bending over in pain.

jungkook licked the blood from his lips and smiled victoriously. "what were you saying about breaking things?"

taehyung glared up at him, "you bitch."

he laughed humorously, "that was for hiring manager jeon." the role he had taken on that night, the character he had yet to play out.

taehyung straightened up, his anger only elevating. "the blood is spilled, the girl is dead. get over it."

"wasn't it you that said murder is an art?" jungkook said in challenge. "what? don't like your front row seats to my show?"

"i don't care for your stupid characters jungkook. for all i know, you could be playing one right now."

jungkook sneered, "i don't need to be playing one to kill you."

taehyung knew his cruel threat was as empty as his heart. "then do it," he hissed, taunting him. "do it and end this charade of ours."

they had thrown endless threats to kill each other in the past months. while neither doubted the other's ability to do it, it was almost as if they wanted to see how far they could push each other until one of them finally broke.

with one last glare, taehyung turned and left the room with a slam of the door.

jungkook didn't understand taehyung's hatred for his tactics. he thought he would've understood since he was an actor. the two of them really weren't that different: taehyung played characters on the screen and jungkook played them on the streets.

but killers like them didn't get along. killers like them were selfish. killers like them played to win.