십일

park jimin was close to getting what he wanted. he had poured years into his work, and finally he was where he needed to be. he had battled and fought himself for this project, and here he was, celebrating with his new acquaintance.

they had become fast friends after jimin approached the boy at the bar and complimented him on his killer jacket.

"thanks bro," the boy grinned, his eyes sparkling.

jimin downed a drink.

"celebrating something?" his new friend asked.

"yeah..." jimin smiled. "i'm about to finish a... personal project i've been working on for years. something that's taken my blood, sweat, and tears."

"congratulations!" the boy cheered. "next round's on me."

after multiple drinks, jimin invited his new friend to a party down the street. jimin's glass eyes promised a night of adventure that the boy was all too excited to dive into. it was all he wanted. all he needed.

they left the bar and entered the cold street. the wind blew harshly, making jimin shiver under his thick jacket.

he hadn't felt warm in a long time.

"you remind me of someone," the boy said, examining jimin's dark brown eyes as they walked.

jimin looked over at him, "oh really?"

"yeah, you look like," he trailed off. he smiled and shook his head, entertained by whatever memory he had recalled.

jimin didn't ask.

when they reached the corner of the street, jimin stopped. taking deep breaths, he took a minute to collect himself. this was it. this was everything he had worked for. this was all he had dedicated his life to.

"perhaps, you're recalling choi?"

his friend paused.

choi.

"surprised, jeon?" jimin drawled.

jungkook turned around to face him, shock coloring his dangerously handsome face. it was a face that haunted jimin's nightmares for months. it was a face that he had obsessively chased for the past year.

"or should i say lee? sung? or hong?" jimin sneered. "as many surnames as victims, i wonder how you keep count, jeon."

it had been a long time since jungkook heard his real surname. the named cursed to him by his family.

jimin approached him, his eyes burning with resentment. "or was it hwang when you killed my sister, nayeon?"

jungkook growled and pounced. he grabbed jimin by the collar and threw a punch, knocking him down on the ground.

"how did you know?" jungkook gritted out, clenching his jaw. he was trying to hold back his anger as much as he could, to get answers, before he proceeded to claw the boy's insides out.

instead of the usual fear in jungkook's victims, jimin laughed dryly.

"the wind whispers," he smiled maniacally. "your secret's out, jeon jungkook."

jungkook bent down and grabbed jimin by the neck, his eyes flashing with screeching madness.

"kill me, do whatever you want with me, i don't have much to live for anyways. you made sure of that the day you stole my sister from me," jimin breathed out.

"you stole her life and now you're going to get what you deserve. it took a while but i found you, and i exposed you. people are looking for you now, and they'll find you no matter what surname you hide behind."

jungkook remained silent, his eyes burning holes into the boy he held captive.

"how does it feel?" jimin smiled through the blood as he pushed himself up from the ground. "look at me. remember me. because it was me. i found you. i avenged my sister. i fucked up your sadistic little game. time's up, fucker."

jungkook's lips twitched. he stared up at the sky, his mind running a million miles per minute. he had to admit — he never thought this day would come. the day his turn would be over.

"do it," jimin taunted. "kill me. i was going to off myself anyway. but not before hunting you down, and right now? seeing the fear in your eyes? it was fucking worth it."

jungkook looked down at jimin, whose eyes were maniac and bloodshot. they burned with an unending sanity and cried tears of liquid lunacy. there was something deeply perturbed about this boy, something so disgustingly similar to jungkook himself.

jungkook realized that he harbored no hatred for the boy before him. if anything, he was impressed.

"i think it's time for you to reunite with your sister," jungkook said, watching jimin close his eyes without a fight. it was like he awaited death. like he had planned for it.

when jungkook slit jimin's throat, no satisfaction came out of the blood he spilled.

the moon sighed.

choi's spirit died.

time was up.