To the Snowy Mountains

The journey to Crescent Peak was a fifteen-minute bus ride from the resort.

Since taking four classes altogether would be a hassle, classes 4-1 and 4-2 (Naeun and Taemin's class) went first and the remaining two would go the next day. Afterward, anyone who'd like to go again could take the bus on their own.

The closer Naeun was to reaching their destination, the faster her heartbeat raced. It'd been almost two years since she last snowboarded. Of course, she'd have to keep in mind the promise she made to Krystal and Eunji to teach them the basics of snowboarding. As much as she longed for the feeling of the wind in her face and the exhilarating rush to course through her body, she didn't want to leave the girls behind. When else was she going to have fun in the snow with them? Graduation would commence at the end of spring. She barely had a year left with the girls she'd grown to love and cherish dearly. Krystal was trying her best not to talk about the 'history of Crescent Peak' and Eunji kept glancing at Krystal every once in a while to make sure she stayed that way. Yeap, Naeun was going to miss them.

~~~

Crescent Peak was pretty vacant despite it being the holidays.

Must be too expensive for most people, Naeun thought. It was after a new resort. Naeun and Eunji quickly found a snowboard to their liking and collected the rest of the gears. The rent's bill was out of the world!

Yup, definitely the price, Naeun confirmed. Once the girls were outside, Naeun quickly instructed the two girls on how to secure their snowboards and led them down the 'green' slope. Eunji learned pretty quickly but Naeun couldn't say the same for poor Krystal. She kept falling every ten seconds.

"Ahh, my butt hurts!" she whined, rubbing it.

"Practice makes perfect," Eunji said as she snowboarded past her.

"Easy for you to say," Krystal grumbled. Naeun climbed back up to her and gave her a hand. "You guys make it look so easy," Krystal pouted. Naeun gave her a sympathized look before cheering her friend to continue.

The girls weren't the only beginners in the slope. Nearly half the students gathered near the beginners' area. She looked at the sun gleaming down the mountains. Two hours had at least passed and judging by the rough schedule Jessica gave the classes, lunchtime would be soon. That only meant a few hours for Naeun to snowboard on her own before they leave. Theoretically, she had the whole afternoon for that but she disliked the idea of snowboarding alone in the dark. She considered herself a pro but she'd rather remain prudent.

"Are you just gonna stand there all day, or slide down?" someone behind her spoke. She turned to see the infamous face of Kim Myungsoo. Naeun was surprised at first, but quickly masked her expression with a glare. She was still mad at him. Daniel's bruises were faint now, but they still ached, and his left eye was swollen red. He was forced to sit out today's trip. Jihyo, of course, stayed with him.

"What, you need help going down or something," he smirked.

"I can slide down myself just fine, thank you," she retorted but before she could, he grabbed her arm.

Geez, what's with boys grabbing my arm these days?

"Let go," Naeun growled, shaking his grip off of her.

"Feisty, aren't you?" his smirk still present. How she wished she could wipe that smug off of his clear face.

"I'm not interested in playing any of your games, L."