Golden Confession

"Merry Christmas, Taemin Oppa."

He couldn't get it out of his head.

She called her Oppa. Naeun called Taemin, Oppa.

A knock on his door broke his trance, "Taemin".

It was Mommy Son. "I've made breakfast, come eat with us."

He thanked Mommy Son for her kindness before following her to the dining area. Naeun was already there.

She smiled sheepishly at him, "Morning".

"Morning," Taemin said back, softer than expected.

Mommy Son's eyes swerved between the two repeatedly but made no comment to avoid making the atmosphere even more awkward.

Breakfast was silent for the most part, with the occasion of me 'pass me this, pass me that' conversations. Both Taemin and Naeun avoided each other's gaze throughout their meal too.

~~~

"Make sure you text me once you've arrived, okay?" Mommy Son told Naeun, "I've packed some fruits for you and your friends to enjoy, and a warmer sweater for you to wear for the rest of your time there".

Naeun hugged her mother in thanks.

"Come stop by at the restaurant soon," she turned to Taemin, "And make sure you bring your other friends too. I'll make the finest kimchi stew you could ever taste". He nodded at her and thanked her again for her hospitality. The two then entered the car and drove away, excited for the event that would commence once they reached back to their friends.

~~~

Everyone had gathered in the boys' room and sat near a small Christmas tree that Eunji and Key had decorated. The fruits that Mommy Son prepared were placed on the coffee table near the circle the teenagers made. With their respective gifts all huddled under the Christmas tree, they were ready to commence Secret Santa.

"Why not we start with the oldest," Krystal suggested. Key immediately got up and began searching for his gift. It was a medium-sized, rectangular-shaped box wrapped in a pumpkin spice latte design. The rule of the game was simple: you open your gifts before asking who your Secret Santa is so that everyone would see your raw reaction.

When Key opened his, a wide grin formed on his face. It was a rare collection of baking spices that included a jar full of vanilla beans. Key described it as the perfect collection for a holly jolly tummy. To make the game a little more exciting, each gift had a small note that briefly described their Secret Santa.

Key's Secret Santa was described as,

'A confident girl who knows how to have fun but keeps poised and calmed expression'.

His initial thought was Krystal since she was literally their tour guide, showing them all the best places to eat and have fun. However, she was far from displaying poise and calmness whenever they were out in the snow. He turned to the brunette, "Is it you, Eunji?" A smile that she had tried to resist cracked on her face as she nodded.

"Merry Christmas, Key Oppa".

"AWW," everyone teased.

"Merry Christmas, Key Oppa," Kai kidded. Key gave him a slight smack in the arm before thanking Eunji for the generous gift. More awws attacked the blushing 'couple'.

Oppa...

Taemin got reminded of last night's incident. Naeun hadn't said his name since then (not that she ever needed to since he was always close by), but he was anxious to know if Naeun would call him that again. He liked the sound of it. He wanted to hear her say it again.