"Thank You..."

"In the end, you'll know which people really love you. They're the ones who see you for who you are, and no matter what, always find a way to be at your side."

~Randy K. Milholland

(A/N: I made some small changes in the previous chapter, so read that and then come back :3)

The moment their eyes met, a wave of relief washed over Taemin. He'd only known her for less than a month, yet he was crazy for her. Not a day went by during her solitude that Taemin didn't think of her - wondered if she'd been eating well; if she'd been sleeping well.

Finally, after almost a week, he saw the face he'd been yearning.

"Annyeong," he smiled softly at the beautiful girl whose face looked bewildered.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"Taking you to dinner, of course," Taemin replied.

Naeun sighed, "I told you - there aren't any restaurants open at this time."

"Mind if I come in?" he asked. Naeun looked troubled at first.

"We can leave the door open if that makes you feel better," he added, and Naeun nodded. Her room was smaller than Taemin expected for two people to share. A desk sat beside the queen-sized bed covered in a pink blanket and pink pillows. There were no closets; just two drawers placed at the far right of the room. A small window decorated the center wall, bookshelves and dolls covered the remaining corners, and that was it.

"Make yourself comfortable," Naeun said. Taemin sat on her desk chair, gesturing to her to join him. She complied and sat on her bed.

"Either my mom sent you, Krystal, or Eunji did. I'm betting on Krystal."

Taemin chuckled, "Krystal played a part, but I came here on my own accord." His small smile quickly retreated into a thin line, "How have you been feeling?"

Naeun wasn't sure how to answer him. She wasn't as traumatized as she felt back at the hospital, but images continued flashing in her mind, haunting her day and night (which explained her dark eyebags). Guilt was still present, but condemnation had subsided after her talk with Mommy Son.

"I've been worse," she replied.

Taemin wanted to reach her but felt that she wasn't ready for physical contacts just yet.

"Mian-hae," she apologized

His brows furrowed, "What for?"

Naeun pursed her lips, "The other day, you tried to comfort me, but I pushed you away." She fiddled with her rosary bracelet, "It's ironic how you always have something heartfelt to give me, and I return the favor by yelling at you, or pushing you away."

"You didn't do that for Secret Santa," Taemin pointed out, "or the night we were at the ballroom."

Naeun shivered at the mention of the ballroom and Taemin immediately cursed himself for it.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean-" she stopped him, "No, it's alright," and let out a frustrated sigh, "Why are we always apologizing to each other?"

"I'm so- I mean, I'm not very good at consoling people," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Na-do," Naeun whispered back, playing with her pillow. Silence filled the small room untilTaemin remembered the small white envelope tucked safely in his coat. He reached into his pocket and passed it to her.

"I was supposed to give you this along with the bracelet, but I guess our affections got in the way." A tinge of pink painted his pale skin. Her cheeks blushed too at the memory of their special night. She opened the envelope and began to read it.

Snow Flower (TAEUN)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें