Change of Plans

Taemin cursed.

Kai had beaten him to the bathroom and took forever to finish showering. The only thing that prompted him to hurry up was when Taemin had to mention his "outing" with Naeun.

"First of all, ouch for not inviting us, and second of all, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO SOONER?!" Kai exclaimed as he exited the bathroom. It wasn't that Taemin didn't want Kai and Key to tag along. He just wanted some quality time with the girl, and could you really blame the guy? He admitted his feelings for Naeun are far more than the typical "I like her as a sister", or "I like her as a friend", but this was the first time he felt that way. He hoped to spend a day with her alone could help resolve his feelings for her but that wouldn't happen if he reached the bus station late! Fortunately, the bus was still there and relief washed over him when he saw Naeun with...L?

What the, his mind started racing as he power-walked towards them.

"Yah! Let go of me!" Naeun yelled. Anger burned inside Taemin's chest. Within seconds, he reached the two students and broke L's grip from Naeun's.

"Taemin!"

His icy glare met L's, "Back off," he growled.

"Finders keepers, Taemin," L shot back. The fire in Taemin's chest threatened to explode. A crowd of students had circled them, some recording the scene. He simmered down the burning inferno. Exploding in front of an audience would only feed L's hunger for attention and entertainment. He wasn't about to make a scene for the brat and definitely not in front of Naeun.

"She's not some toy for you to keep."

L scoffed, his patience wearing thin. "Gee Taemin," he said, "Do you really think that lowly of me?"

"Yes." Taemin's blunt answer triggered the crack in the dam. "You little piece of-"

"What is going on here?!" A familiar voice bellowed outside the circle of students. They made way for the approaching figure; it was the school's discipline mistress, Ms. Lou.

"I leave you out of my sight for a few days and already you are causing a ruckus at a tourist area. You should be ashamed of yourselves," she reprimanded the two boys.

"Myungsoo, don't make the bus captain wait and get into the vehicle now." L glared back at her, "Tsk, you're not the boss of me, you old hag."

Her nostrils flared, "Unless you want me to drag your sorry butt back to Seoul myself Mr.Kim, I suggest you do as I say." The said boy scoffed one last time picking up his snowboard and boarded the bus. Ms. Lou turned to face Naeun and Taemin, "As for the two of you, I suggest you go to the mountains another day." She then addressed the crowd of students, "If I or any of the staff members find your videos posted on any social platform, I promise you there will be some dire consequences. Am I clear students?"

Some sighed while others nodded solemnly. "Yes, Ms. Lou," everyone said in unison before they dispersed to do their own activities. Ms. Lou entered the hotel, possibly to apologize to the manager for her students' behavior. Naeun and Taemin were the only ones left standing at the bus station.

"Kwenchana?" Taemin asked, his cold expression gone, replaced by one of concern. Naeun gave him a reassuring smile, "Eung." His eyes caught the scarf that laid tucked in her coat. He couldn't but smile at the sight of it."You wore it," he said. She touched the scarf, "You wanted to see me wear it, remember?" she winked at him, but Taemin's smile had turned into a frown.

"Mianhae," he said, "If I'd come earlier, none of this would've happened." Naeun shook her head, "None of that would've happened if L hadn't forced me to go with him. You saved me, again. Thank you...again."