Closer Than Ever

The shimmering ray of sunshine greeted Naeun as she awoke from her slumber.

She smiled back at the warm sunlight glistening her face.

A fresh, new day is about to begin, she thought. A day full of snowboarding, and snow, and Taemin...

Warmth pulsed through her body and Naeun was certain it didn't come from the sun. After doing a few stretch poses, she made her way to the bathroom to get ready.

~~~

The day Taemin had been waiting for had finally arrived. He only had to wait for a day, but it felt like an eternity to him. He barely had enough sleep with all the excitement. As he finished dressing up, his phone suddenly rang,

"Hello? Ah yes? It's here already? Alright, thank you so much, sir...Yes, have a pleasant day ahead too, sir".

Taemin checked himself in the mirror one last time, "Showtime".

~~~

Naeun anxiously waited for Taemin. She dropped him a text not too long ago in which he replied that he'd be down shortly. They still had fifteen minutes before the bus was scheduled to leave, but that was the least of Naeun's problem. She prayed she wouldn't run into L and experience another showdown between the two boys. Suddenly, Naeun's ringtone went off; it was Taemin.

"Hello?"

"Naeun-ah"

"Where are you?"

"Come outside"

She did as he instructed but didn't spot the raven-haired boy anywhere.

"Where are you?" she asked, and out of the blue, the students beside her squealed.

"Turn around," he said, catching a hint of excitement in his voice. Again, she did as instructed and nearly dropped her phone. She saw Taemin alright, along with a large, crimson red Range Rover Evoque parked behind him. He walked to her, grabbing for her snowboard while Naeun stood there, speechless.

"Ready to go?" he asked, snapping Naeun back to reality. She couldn't speak properly, pausing, and stuttering every syllable that came out of her mouth. Taemin chuckled at her adorable attempt to make a sentence.

"Come on," he said, craning his neck to the luxurious car.

The sound of cameras clicking and lights flashing bothered Naeun a little as she tried covering her face with her hair and beanie. Once they got in the car, and Taemin had started the engine, driving them away from the hotel, Naeun finally relaxed. Before she could ask Taemin about the sudden existence of the luxurious vehicle, Taemin had started talking, "I figured since yesterday's incident would still be fresh on your mind, you'd want to travel up the mountains without dozens of eyes staring at you".

He wasn't wrong. Evidence of yesterday's incident wasn't found on any social platforms that Naeun owned, but rumors and gossips spread around her batch like a virus.

"I also thought it'd better for the both of us not to bump into L again," Taemin continued, "Pretty sure he's still humiliated by yesterday". Naeun nodded in agreement. She took a quick scan of the car's interior. Being an art fanatic and all, she couldn't help but be impressed.

Naeun looked back at Taemin, "Did you borrow this from the hotel?"

He shook his head, "I asked my dad to send someone to bring one of my cars over here. I'm surprised he managed to get it here by morning". Naeun's eyes widened again.