butterflies

"Oh my god! Butterflies!" Jennie screeches once she saw butterflies with different kinds of colors fluttering around the trees in front of her.

Taehyung groans, facepalming himself. "What is it this time?" Jennie keeps on getting distracted by the simple little things she sees whilst they are walking. She first got distracted by the old cherry blossom tree, then the tulips, then again by another one of those creatures like a frog or something, and now something must've caught her eyes.

Not that Taehyung is complaining (well he is) but when he sees Jennie's gummy smile it's like he could give her the whole universe.

She's too contagious.

Jennie dismisses his irritation and runs toward the butterflies, playing with them. "Of fucking course! Butterflies!" Taehyung sighs. "Everything just distracts you, huh?"

"Uhuh!" Jennie laughs when a butterfly touches her shoulder. Taehyung decided to just let her be and sits on the grass, watching her. He takes a view of her giggling with the butterflies and they too, dance around her as if they're worshipping her. Taehyung grins when Jennie tries to catch one butterfly. "You can never catch them!" He yells since they're meters away.

Jennie continues her actions. "Well you can always try! Besides it's worth chasing at!" She chases one blue butterfly but it flew away. Taehyung snorts when Jennie almost trips on a rock. "Becareful!" Jennie yells back an "I will" then proceeds to play with the butterflies.

Jennie has never felt so youthful; seeing these butterflies awakens the lethargic happiness inside her broken head. She can slowly see herself dangling upon the hidden treasures of divine merry on her palms. She feels happy ─ like there's this somebody patching up her old scars, singing her a lullaby, and holding her hand as she goes. Somebody is healing her. And that is what Jennie always wanted.

To feel like someone is there to hold onto as the dark days ripple on her skin. Or to feel like someone is there to cry with her at the lament times of every season of the year. She needs a friend.

And that friend happens to be someone who is sitting on the grass, meters away from her. His eyes are glued on her, watching her every step. He was the one who offered her a cup of coffee whilst she was too busy asking herself if she should trust him.

Kim Taehyung, that's her friend.

But how could Jennie trust a stranger that easily?

Unanswered. However right now she doesn't mind. She doesn't mind his boxy smiles, aesthetic features, and brown hair. All she cares about is that for the first time,

Someone is there to be with her.