black

Jennie yawns, stretching her arms. They have been walking for almost an hour or two and she's really tired. But on the contrary, Taehyung seems fine. It's like he has never experienced fatigueness.

Taehyung glances at Jennie. "You tired?" Jennie nods her head a little. "Just a tiny bit." Taehyung chuckles, "Want me to carry you? We're almost─"

There's a quiet lump on his throat. He breathes unevenly to push it aside before talking once again.

"W-We're almost there." He continues with an unsteady breath. Jennie scratches her head, looking around. "Are we even going the right way?"

All she sees are trees, flowers, some birds, and butterflies but not even a single glimpse of her house can be seen.

"I told you, Jennie. The forest knows the way." Taehyung places his hands on his sides. "Couldn't you wait?" He grimaces, "You didn't enjoy your stay with my company, huh?"

Jennie waves her hand around. "Of course not! I do enjoy it!" She admits. "So much."

That brings a boxy smile on his lips. "Thank you for enjoying. I thought you didn't like what you saw today." Jennie churtles, "I love every single one of it. From the trees, the flowers, the skies, the animals ─ i love it all!" She touches her heart. "I will keep them all in my heart."

Taehyung exposes an amused expression. "Why keep them in your heart when you can see them forever?"

Something inside Taehyung's words makes Jennie want to believe that this isn't a dream. It makes her believe that she could see this enchanting moment again. He makes her believe it.

"What do you mean? I'm blind, remember?" Jennie laughs bitterly.

Taehyung smirks. "You're not."

Before Jennie could even protest, Taehyung yet again asks another question.

"What do you think about suicidal people?"

Jennie feels a familiar pool of pitiless sorrow in her stomach. She can hear her heart breaking with deep shallows of regrets and crashed hopes.

Jennie always has a soft heart for those people who think that their life is ending because of the chaos inside their heads. She has this urge to help them get up and to convince them that there are still some wonderful things in the world and they just have to find it.

"Suicidal people? Why?" Jennie's voice becomes small. Taehyung's lips twitch. "I heard that you like to save them from despair." He pauses, "You're a hero."

Jennie giggles nervously. "Me? A hero? No." Taehyung scoffs. "You are. You saved one life." Jennie nibbles on her bottom lip. "I-I did?" Taehyung nods his head.

"Who?" Jennie watches how Taehyung's expression went from amused to a serious one. "You'll see." He says. Jennie shrugs, not really wanting the topic. She really just wants to go home. Her feet are aching and her knees kinda hurt.

If she's with somebody she grew fond with, she would be a cursing machine. But now that she's with Taehyung, she doesn't mind if he'll stay with her forever.

Wait what?

Taehyung stops walking which confuses Jennie but she does the same. "Why did you st─"

Jennie is taken aback and isn't able to continue her sentence when Taehyung turns her around to face him and hugs her. This time, with a strong yet comfortable grip. He's burying his face on her shoulder.

Jennie is now deeply confuse because of the wet stains of tears he's leaving on her shoulder. She pats his back, gradually. "Hey? Are you okay?"

Taehyung didn't answer and just sobs. Jennie worries for him hence she tries to calm him down. "Taehyung? It's okay. I'm here."

Instead of answering, Taehyung hugs her tighter.

"Tae─"

"G-Gomawo." Taehyung cries, cutting her off. Jennie didn't know why her tongue got tied up when she hears his crying voice. "I-I am so thankful you came into my life."

"T-Thank y-you for everything. For everything that you have done."

"Thank you for s-saving me."

Taehyung breaks the hug and wipes his tears. He looks at Jennie. She has a face of confusion and it almost looks like she has question marks all over her head.

Of course, she wouldn't understand. Yet.

"Taehyung why are you cry─"

"Mianhe."

His voice is dark. Small. Silvery. Monotonous. And dead.

Jennie suddenly feels a flow of sadness all over her body and she couldn't understand what is happening.

Why is Taehyung crying? Why is he saying sorry? Why is he thanking me?

Taehyung slowly holds her hand. "If only I wasn't too naive. Maybe none of this would have happen." He whispers but it's audible to Jennie. However, she didn't speak. Taehyung smiles at her.

Not that usual boxy smile. Instead it's a small one, a meek one.

Taehyung grasps her hand, turning her around. Jennie widens her eyes when she sees her house just meters away from her.

"I-It wasn't there before." Jennie says. Taehyung and her take three steps and then halts.

He holds her hand for one last time before he let go.

And the way his hand slips away from her's leaves a strange feeling inside her heart.

Pain.

Jennie hears Taehyung's voice. It sounds so distant. Like he's so far away.

Suddenly, Jennie feels lethargic. Her knees go weak and her lungs suffocate. She turns around again to look at Taehyung. He's waving his hands.

A good bye.

Jennie tries to run back to him but she's stuck. She watches at how his lips move as he talks.

"Welcome home, Kim Jennie."

author's :
let me know on the comment box what happens next ; )