arms

"Wait! May we stop for a moment?"

Jennie asks as soon as Taehyung and her passed by a cherry blossom tree. The two of them are still walking on the forest, side by side. Taehyung says that they should head home before the moon settles down on the dazzling skies.

"You already saw tons of those in my backyard." Taehyung boredly stated. He stops his movements along with Jennie. Jennie pouts; eyes are glistening under the pink petals.

"But this one is more majestic than are placed in your yard." Jennie exclaims. She walls closer to the oaked tree and touches its old barks. Jennie couldn't explain the rush of feelings inside of her. This tree is really something else. It's old and practically almost dying but it's beautiful and strong in its own way.

As if Taehyung reads her mind, he chuckles. "Ah, I understand why you like this one." Jennie nearly gasps when Taehyung appears beside her. "W-Why?" She relaxes her breath.

Taehyung's lips curl upwards. "It reminds you of yourself." Jennie stops her hand that is touching the tree. She has her sighs and gasps locked in her odious lungs. Jennie gazes toward the man, eyebrows meeting together. "How could you tell?"

Taehyung lets out a throaty laugh, eyes landing on her chocolate ones. "Both of you are fighting." Jennie softens her eyes, shocked written in her orbs.

Taehyung continues, "Fighting to breathe in this suffocating world and fighting for the challanges you're both facing." He touches the tree. "Like this tree, you too, is trying to hold on. You're standing in a root of heartaches. You're trying to find a phenomenal thing for you to be satisfied with yourself. But all you can find is the repellent acrimony that is dangling beneathe your fingertips." Taehyung looks at Jennie whose eyes are sparkling with near tears.

"You both are trying to survive in a world filled chaos and troubles." He turns his full body towards her. He grabs both of Jennie's shoulder, facing her to him.

"But I hope you can hold on. I hope you wouldn't lose that bright light igniting inside your locked heart. I wish to see you smiling and not hiding underneath the broken poetries in your eyelids. Don't let your eyes be too tired that all they have to do is to close themselves, forever. Never be dumb and naive nor fall like this tree would do if he tends to slowly raise his hands up in the air, yelling I give up and just crumpled down to the floor."

"Remember that everything you're expriencing right now is a temporary nothing. Nothing will ever last in agony." Taehyung softly says, bringing his hand up to caress Jennie's cheek.

A tear escapes in Jennie's chocolate eyes. She raises her hand up to touch his' that is colliding with her cheeks.

Underneath the unsteady, thriving-for-silence tree, a trust blooms inside of Jennie. It's too strong that she couldn't bring herself to be angry at this man she just met.

They just met.

But it feels like she's talking to a...

Friend.

Jennie stares at Taehyung's eyes. His eyes are kind as ever, passionate, innocent, and caring.

"Everything is temporary?" Jennie breathes. "Even my blindness?"

Taehyung wipes the rolling crystalline tears on her cheek. He smiles weakly; heart being thrown at a jar of galloping horses.

"Even that ─ you will be cured." Taehyung says and Jennie sniffs, not sure if she should believe him. "B-But─"

Taehyung hushes her, engulfing the girl into a hug. Jennie freezes for a moment but she too, wraps her weak arms around his tiny waist.

And the first thing she has in mind is that he's cold. Cold as ice but his chest is as warm as the spring nights that she loves.

Taehyung brushes his fingertips on Jennie's brown hair and says two words that send butterflies down in Jennie's stomach.

"Trust me."

And suddenly, Jennie has her mind revolving with pictures of her past and the memories inside of it. She feels delighted by the amount of pure happiness flowing on her heart. By his fundamental words, Jennie finds peace and she can no longer see the empty holes of her heart.

Instead, she feels alive.

Inside of a stranger's arms.