eyes

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Eonnie?"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Jennie? Are you there?"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Can you hear me?"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Wake up."

Jennie couldn't move. She hears something beeping and it's not the usual beeper she has at home. Also, there's a gush of a cold air against her body. Jennie knows she's not home.

She moves her finger and she hears squealing. It's Lisa. Then, a voice of a deep 'yes'. That one is Jungkook. And then, there's someone sobbing beside her. That's Hoseok. They're here.

But where is she?

Jennie slowly opens her heavy eyelids.

And she sees something white. The ceilings. It's still a little blurry but after a couple of blinks, everything is as clear as a crystal.

Jennie wants to cry. She can see.

Then something hits her, Taehyung. She remembers Taehyung. She's having the deja vu because it's the exact same feeling she encountered when waking up on his lawn.

"W-Who the fucking fuck are you?! Where am I?! Why the fuck can I see?! What the hell is happening?! As far as I know i'm not taking drugs or anyth─"

"Relax, no more questions. You can see, you can see the spring, me, you can see me. Isn't that amazing?"

Jennie looks around and she halts to see her friends. Lisa is crying. She still has a blonde hair ─ only a little bit long. Jennie adverts her gaze to Hoseok. He is also crying beside her whilst he's patting her head.

Jennie weakly smiles, remembering the way Taehyung's hand pats her back.

"Remember that everything you're expriencing right now is a temporary nothing. Nothing will ever last in agony."

He's right. Even her blindness is temporary. She's cured.

But how?

Jennie travels her eyes to Jungkook. He's quietly crying but he's the first one to hold her tubed hand. He leans closer, caressing her cheeks.

Which reminds her of Taehyung's soft hands.

"Even that ─ you will be cured."

"Trust me."

Jennie opens her dried mouth. "I-I can see." Although her voice is throaty, guttural, and croaky, she manages to voice out her words well.

The three nod their head all together. "Yes you do!" Hoseok wails beside her. "Y-You can finally see the new mixtape I gave to you last month." Jungkook rejoices. "Fucking God! Eonnie!" Lisa couldn't take it anymore. She pushes Jungkook out of her way and hugs her eonnie. Jennie hugs her back, giggling weakly.

"I missed you so much, Lalisa. So so so much." Jennie closes her eyes to feel the younger's warmth. Lisa breaks the hug after a minute and Jennie stares at the three again.

She has no words for she missed them too much. But one thing's revolving around her mind.

"How can I see?"

The three visibly tense for a moment and stare at each other. Hoseok gestures to Jungkook and Jungkook nudges Lisa. It's clear that they are fighting on who's going to tell Jennie what happened.